Why all the failures to natural disasters?

reaction;

as carbon (C);

required to ignite

Wrong, as always.

This is astonishing.

"A small charge of Oxygen in the barrel." How is that oxygen supposed to get into a sealed brass cartrige?

And think about how much oxygen, in gaseous form, it would take to oxidize all the carbon and sulfur in a volume of gunpowder. Do the math on that: it will be hundreds of times the volume of the powder itself. The best thing to fill a cartrige with is gunpowder.

I posted the wikipedia link; didn't you read it? The oxygen for combustion comes from the potassium nitrate.

Google "powder load density" Most people seem to think that 100% fill is best, and apparently military ammo is usually 100%.

This cool, a graph of pressure vs time.

44,000 PSI in 400 microseconds.

reaction;

as carbon (C);

required to ignite

That is astonishing. There have to be some intense, hardwired distortions of reality for someone to be, literally, always wrong. Mere stupidity isn't enough.

John

He's an angry 7-year old (maybe as old as eleven), probably an abuse victim, who his using his sister's computer to rant at everything because he has no clue how to deal with the denied rage and pain and suffering of merciless abuse.

I merely pity him.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

reaction;

as carbon (C);

required to ignite

I used to do re-loads, John. Have you EVER re-loaded anything?

Your stupidity certainly is.

Get it right, john. The charge of oxygen was for the cannon in space. A cannon would not have a cartridge. The cartridge was to illustrate how modern ballistics are done with small caliber projectiles.

Again, you show your inability to read correctly, much less remember what you occasionally successfully do read.

It only needs to burn for the milliseconds of projectile travel through the barrel, idiot.

You ain't real bright about explosive events, John. Much less guns or ballistics.

Even here the bullet is long gone before the propellant is burned, if it ever all gets burned at all.

Please do so, and point the resulting device at your head and release the mechanism that makes it chemically react, to send the projectile through your thick skull, if that is even possible.

I read it, John. What you failed to read, and even obviously completely ignored is the fact that cartridges are not completely filled, regardless of what the penniño childtard said.

Nice job of waiting for some idiot to back up your stupidity before returning to increase it. Too bad you're busted. Stupid is as stupid is, and you is stupid, John "Penninño Lover" Larkin..

You really do not know much about gunpowder, do you, John?

It isn't really a 'powder', per se. They do not use old camera man flash powder in guns.

Ever heard of 'head space' in pressure vessel circles?

Reply to
I AM THAT I AM

Yeah, and 'head space' in firearms has nothing to do with powder.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Reply to
jimp

"Taking it into account" means shedding it. Getting to the Sun requires close to zero angular momentum with respect to the Sun.

In this case, the merry-go-round is spinning you about 30 times faster than the muzzle velocity of a rifle. Go ahead: work out the possible trajectories of the bullet under that constraint.

--
Tim
Reply to

less

Then quit feeding the troll.

Reply to
josephkk

orbit

in

Acceleration applied by Venus' gravity field. With some energy exchanges impacting rotational rates.

have to

gun is

usually

Reply to
josephkk

out)

implying=20

=20

Willful stupidity has usually been a severe health hazard.

Reply to
josephkk

But he's sort of interesting. What sort of mental effect would make someone wrong about everything? Mere ignorance or mere stupidity can't explain it.

You could post some electronics yourself, instead of sitting in the stands and criticizing the players.

John

again.

=20

=20

=20

dental=20

=20

Naw, that is just standard NIMBY/NIABY pigheadedness.

Reply to
josephkk

again.

set=20

iodine=20

may=20

=20

oil.

food.

=20

=20

=20

Wow, a thoroughly off-the-deep-end exaggerating nutter.

Reply to
josephkk

Portable generators and pumps big enough to have actually helped (I presume about 100 kW) are not all that portable. Not to mention a =

150,000 hp Diesel engine to run the pump or the generator in its working range does not "sip" fuel. Bringing in fuel itself would be non trivial.
Reply to
josephkk

,

dig

solution, but

want

It doesn't matter where you build the (nuclear power) plant, people will move there. Then you have a population center that will only grow while the plant operates. Not to mention others will build other kinds of plants nearby just because there is a workforce there. In due time it becomes a city. It has happened many thousands^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H millions of times all over the world.

Reply to
josephkk

No. It is a matter of public record if you served. As are the = conditions of your discharge if you have served.

Reply to
josephkk

,

dig

n, but

In an emergency, San Onofre will shutdown I-5 and the coast between San Diego and Santa Barbara and beyond. It was a 50 years old mistake (and 30 years old renewal) to have the reactors right at the water. We can't fix that now and we don't really want to shut it down. Just let it run it course for 10 more years. However, lower (relatively speaking) radiative wastes will be there for decades/centuries well beyond its active life. We need to start moving the nuclear waste to less populated area, higher and more stable ground. No reason for people to move to radiative storage site.

Shall we, the people of California, authorize the relocation of nuclear wastes away from sites, including but not limited to, San Onofre and Diablo Canyon

Reply to
linnix

Would not 100 kW be more like 150 hp rather than 150,000 hp? I would buy need for 200 hp rather than 150, to cover generator and extension cord losses and my kiester.

Or, do you think sufficiently large will need more than 100 kW?

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@misty.com)
Reply to

Yep, and then proceeded to make very stupid design decisions anyway. No doubt for political reasons.

Reply to
josephkk

The DOD database of Active duty, Contractors and Veterans is availible online, through the Military.com 'Buddy Finder'. There are over 500 hits for "J. Clarke", in all branches

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Someone reported that the pumps at one site were 10,000 HP. and there were four for that reactor.