Who is your favourite electronics guru?

"Science Probe!", from Gernsback.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

[snip]

Who was taking the notes? How do we know if there was a lot or a little to the thing told in the explantion? Doesn't the language of the explanation limit it by definition?

My instinct is that if there is a real god or God, words would be useless to describe his/her/its nature. Throw some words around it and you have a religion.

My test is -- are there common threads in all the words thrown related to god? I'd say, yes, in a few basics. So maybe there is a God.

In reality, less is more. But ritual, theatricality, dogma, bigotry, and even defensiveness seem to evolve. All evolved religions seem to have these characteristics, given enough time from the prophet.

I like the less is more aspect. If there is a long story with lots of explanation or rules, I call it traditional religion. We can kill for that. If there is a lot of words dancing around the lesser small subjects that have no story, I might listen.

Reply to
xray

Nobody. Well, the genetic record, maybe.

Yes, exactly so, which is why the truest communication is internal.

Actually, the point is, your instincts are right. This was not known until quite recently.

In my experience, there's been a common thread throughout my life, and it has culminated in this latest channeling.

Absolutely! In fact, all of reality can be boiled down to Electrically- polarized Essence, and Magnetically-polarized Essence, and their interactions.

Actually, the religions didn't "evolve" - people and everything else evolved, except for the religious part - that was imposed from "on high", so to speak, and it has finally been discovered that that's the wrong way around.

The reason the story is long is that very many things have taken place since the Big Bang

You're also right about the words being excessive - but it's hard to understand something when you've been taught the opposite for all of your existence.

Like Spirit says, the truest communication is inside you. And everyone is different - that's kinda what Free Will is about.

Rules are a denial of Free Will, and therefore are wrong by definition.

Religion: Bad Free Will: Good.

Simple enough? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

--