who is designing analog switch

there are many analog switches out there. We use them everywhere. But I never found any positions dedicated to this type of design in those job hunting websites. Who are designing those switchs?

Reply to
Sandeep

IC designers most likely. :-)

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Me ;-)

...Jim Thompson

haha. That is for sure. I am just wandering that I never saw that any company was hiring this type of guys.

Reply to
Sandeep

Hello Sandeep,

If you look at the jelly bean switches (the ones used in designs over and over) such as CD4053 or the higher end SD5400 you'll notice that these are rather old designs. So possibly the engineers who did these are retired but their products still suffice. No need for new versions, really.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Graham,

The DG Series is ok but check out the SD5400. You can do pretty hot RF stuff with that one. However, in terms of ESD it needs to be treated like the princess on the pea.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

For something better than consumer audio designs ( for example ) devices like Siliconix's DG211 and 308 were always popular. Dunno if Maxim or someone has tweaked them but I bet they're still in regular use.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I don't think that "analog switch designer" is a realistic job title. I see job postings for analog IC designers frequently. Any of the people who apply to those positions may possibly end up designing an analog switch at some point.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

Joerg wrote: However, in terms of ESD it needs to be treated

The correct phrase is 'the princess on the piss'.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

What are you talking about? If you are making a joke, please incorporate a smiley. And you might want to explain, since it makes no sense to me.

If you are serious, then you are wrong. The "princess on the pea" makes perfect sense. Let me know if I should explain.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

Hello Mac,

I guess Paul was eluding to "pea - pee - p...".

Smiley follows :-)

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hmm. Yeah, I can see that progression. But it doesn't seem funny. I'm not being a prude. I can laugh at juvenile jokes, but somehow that just doesn't seem funny. Maybe it is a British or Australian thing. I know "p..." means different things to different Anglophonic nations.

For example, what USians (such as myself) would call a "case of beer" might well be called a "carton of p..." in Australia. And in Britain, I understand that to "take the p..." means "to ridicule," or something like that. So maybe "princess on the p..." means "drunken princess" or something. Which is kind of a funny image. But without the smiley, I don't know whether to look for humor or just shake my head in disgust. ;-)

Much appreciated! ;-)

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

have

Of course we do, if it's actually funny.

^^^^^^

Nah, what really gets us rolling in the aisles is rightpondian spelling. The one above is about 60dBf. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

I suspect in this case pea was incorrectly quoted.

Pea sounds the same as 'pee'. Pee and piss both mean the same. As in to urinate.

I have *no idea* if that's what was meant however. It's a new one on me.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Sense of humour can be very regional. For example, the Germans are noted to have 'no sense of humour' yet a 'German version' of a certain episode of "Monty Python's Flying Circus" apparently had them all rolling in the aisles !

I've noted that 'mercuns don't *get* 'dry humour'. It kinda flies over the top of their heads. But they like kiddy humour afaik which would be considered 'bad taste' here - such as laughing about farting ( anal expulsion of foul smelling odours ).

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

[there's a couple of attributions missing here - it's not my fault! It's previous posters {or poseurs} whose news client isn't programmed to quote properly]

have

of

Well, hell. Your _own_ farts always smell OK. -- George Carlin

But back to the topic, if there was one, may Gawd bless the princess. The original was "The princess _AND_ the pea." The point being, the princess was oh so sensitive, that even if she had a pile of TEN mattresses on her bed, the pea (that little fruit, or vegetable, green, comes in a pod much like a bean, but it's green and practically spherical, usually less than a centimeter (3/8") in diameter) hidden under that whole pile of mattressess, disturbed her sleep. This is why, in the US anyway, there's a thing of guy wisdom: "Don't go out with a girl whose dad calls her 'Princess' - she usually believes it."

And not ALL 'murcuns are shitheads. I, for one, really enjoy 'dry' humour, and I get frustrated when I'm in the company of some 'murcuns and they don't get the joke. OK, _most_ 'murcuns are shitheads, but some of us are real gems. And after all, you can only play the hand that life deals you, wouldn't you say? And actually, the spelling of 'mercun' itself could be called into question - I've always spelled it 'merkin', albeit I think that that's like Scottish for 'codpiece' or 'purse' or something.

Then again, you _never_ expect the Spanish Inquisition. ;-D

--
Cheers!
Rich

  Till along came a man who presented
  A tool that was strangely indented.
    With a dizzying twirl
    He punctured that girl,
  And thus was the cork-screw invented."
Reply to
Rich The Newsgroup Wacko

ROFLMAOPIMP!!!!

--
Thanks! :-D
Rich

I 'splained this in another post, just a little bit up-thread. It was about the princess's hypersensitivity disorder - no matter how many mattresses they put on her bed, the pea on top of the box spring (underneath the pile of mattresses) made the bed too uncomfortable for her to get a good night's sleep. )-;

But princess jokes are a dime a dozen. ;-D

--
Cheers!
Rich

No, nobody misquoted anything, AFAICS. Rich explained the allusion to the classic fairy-tale/fable about the princess and the pea. I understood that all along. What I didn't understand (and still don't) is what Paul Burke was getting at.

Or, in this case, 'urine.' But why is that funny? Or if it is not meant to be funny, why is it more correct than "princess on the pea?"

Me too. Thanks for trying to enlighten me, though. ;-)

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

for

OK. That makes sense. It is a pun, then, and conjures up a funny image of a fussy little princess getting drunk. I should have read this post first before I replied to your other one.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac