Analog switch

Hi I'm looking for a solution to switch two audio channels. The channels are in the range of 0..3V and 0..-3V. The distortion should be < 0.03% and crosstalk < 90dB.

Ch0+ --- ---- CH0+ or CH1+ Ch1+ ---

Ch0- --- ---- CH0- or CH1- Ch1- --- The use of relay is not possible due to their power dissipation. Any suggestions? Thanks Roman

Reply to
Roman Arnet

I have not used this chip for audio but have had excellent results with video

There is also a 4-1 selector AD8184.

For audio it may not have enough headroom since audio folks have a habit of sloppy level control. Now that I offended audio people, video levels are far more consistent even across consumer formats.

Switching video requires gain/offset/timing matching. Not difficult but required for no breakup. gg

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

Nothing beats relays for low distortion. And there are some that only draw a few tens of milliwatts. Otherwise, do a search for "Analog Switches". There are dozens if not hundreds to choose from.

Reply to
Dan Fraser

Glenn Gundlach schrieb:

I'm wondering about the datasheets of CMOS switches. I've got data about THD+N, crosstalk and many others. What I'm missing here is the noise produced by the CMOS technology. My microphone singnals will be around 500uV (or even less)! I really don't know how how much noise I can estimate from CMOS switches. Roman

Reply to
Roman Arnet