Where does the money go

There are no shortage of idiots in the world. It's usually not hard to find a few when you need them.

--

Rick
Reply to

How will *not* getting a tax credit require you to have money in the bank. Withholding doesn't factor in ACA tax credits. If *you* wrongly factor it in and change your withholding then bad on you.

--

Rick
Reply to

What I said was clear, what you said was undecipherable.

Which costs more, a $100K or $500k life insurance policy? The bigger policy, obviously. If your life insurance policy covered "free" colonoscopies, would that make it cost more, or less than your existing policy?

More, obviously. Obamacare costs more.

No, you have to buy an unlimited policy--that's a bigger policy. And it has to cover more conditions. That's a bigger sale for the insurance company.

Medicaid. And I already explained how yes, Medicaid expansion raises private insurance premiums.

Unless you're into magic, Obamacare is a less-than-zero sum game.

That's a rather asinine statement--Obamacare controls every aspect of what can be offered, how the proceeds must be applied, by whom, who can (and must) buy what, etc.

Even before Obamacare, insurance was very highly regulated across America.

The premiums do.

Obamacare makes the insurance company pass other people's cost onto you.

That is, under Obamacare other people don't pay their actual average cost, so you have to. (Well, not you. You're the beneficiary.)

And, Obamacare just increased that cost generally, specifically for certain large classes of insured, such as women and elderly and poor, but prevents the insurance companies from charging for that actual cost.

Possibly the most profound misstatement ever. Google's your friend.

Nope, never. Get over trying to run my health care.

You can't cram something down half a free people's throat in bad faith, then expect their cooperation, support, and goodwill.

You need the whole nation cheerfully supporting this for it to work, and instead you've got half violently opposed. Good luck.

P.S. And try getting over the Obamacare talking points--they're very tiresome falsities--and replace them with actual research.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I have a pdf file from BCBS they sent me in May, when they wanted my to buy a plan that is part of the marketplace. I have two pdf's, they cover the bronze and silver plans. The numbers I have posted are for a family of three, Late 50's and 20 years old. 2.6 times Federal Poverty Level. (at least that's on the AGI line )

What are your reasons for wanting a plan under the ACA? Unless your AGI is 300% of Federal Poverty Level or less the subsidy won't save you any money over an existing lower priced . Oh, the lower priced non ACA plans are be squashed out of existence, so may be hard to get if you are not grandfathered in. You don't really want the hardworking taxpayers to pay you to buy insurance, do you? Mikek

amdx

On second thought I agree with him, let's get rid of the tiers in the income tax brackets. If you get little bump in your salary, no need to pay more taxes. Nice proposal from a democrat. Mikek

amdx

Their answer is supposed to be "if you earn more, you pay more"[*]--that's their whole rationale for the sliding-scale welfare in the first place.

[*] To each according to need, from each according to ability.

They can't even apply their own philosophy consistently.

If they don't claw back, that's an incentive for fraud--understate your expected earnings, get a fatter subsidy, and they won't make you pay it (all) back.

That's legal and profitable, BTW, and Obamacare *doesn't* always claw back all your added subsidy as long as your underestimate wasn't deliberate. Bad math skills are an asset here, sort of a reverse natural selection.

There are pro-ACA websites (e.g. Kaiser Family Foundation) that advise doing just that--underestimating your income to get a fatter subsidy than you're entitled to.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

The problem comes for the guy making $24k and uses that to qualify for his subsidy, then his wife gets a $30k job and he doesn't immediately notify the big tit. Then when tax time comes, his subsidy is recalculated, the amount drops drastically, and he owes a bunch of taxes. If this happens to you, call Rep Bill Pascrell, he will have compassion for your situation. 202-225-5782 Mikek

amdx

Yeah, typo... should be "the insurance companies are ***not*** paying..."

Your premium does not pay for anyone else's insurance..... Yout comment may have been clear, but totally wrong.

Obamacare makes colonoscopies free? Great! Colonoscopies for everyone!

Yes, they decided that some aspects of medical insurance would be mandatory. Just like you have to pay for seat belts on your car and you pay extra for the power saving features in home appliances like A/C units. Mandated by the government because it was the most effective way to get them in place and everyone can reap the benefits.

See above.

Doctors don't have to take Medicaid patients. The ones that don't accept them are the ones that charge the most. A friend just had to switch doctors. The practice wasn't making enough and decided to go "boutique". You pay $2000 a year to be a patient... that's it, you get nothing in return other than to be a patient. Yeah, they must have been really hurting to need this. How many Medicaid patients do you think they still see?

Saying the docs charge more to others when they accept Medicaid is crap. Is it at all possible that doctors might just not make as much as they used to?

And the crap you are dragging into the conversation has *nothing* to do with Obamacare. I don't hear much anymore about the death panels...

Free enterprise is regulated in the US. Love it or leave it.

You make a lot of claims that are backed up by nothing. They are selling insurance. The costs are based on what they pay out to insurance claims in each state and class separately. Medicaid isn't

Lol, there are tons of people who have seen the light, except for the members of Congress who insist in throwing a blanket over the whole thing and ranting about how bad it is..... sort of like you.

BTW, do we still have better health care than Cuba? lol

--

Rick
Reply to

Because it is the only way I can get coverage.

--

Rick
Reply to

No, that's hitting the Obamacare goldmine--the amount they claw back is capped, so in this situation you're golden.

But, if the wife's income puts you out of Medicaid range you'll lose your Medicaid and have to buy insurance on the cattle-car exchange.

It makes a lot more financial sense for the wife not to take that extra job and stay poor.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

."

Stick it up your ass !

LOL

(seriously, I am just joking, I just couldn't resist)

Actualy thre are categories of people who should not have coloscopies. Inva sive tests are not always the best thing.

I wonder how lonh it will be until certain tests are mandatory. You know, t he statistics say you get this test so it saves "them" money.

That's why there are air bags on cars now. you think the government gave a shit ? Fuck no, they only gave a sit when those bags of cash came in from t he insurance lobby.

Anyway, though a small segment of the population, colonoscopy is contraindi cated for people who have diverticulitis for example. There are probably ot hers.

And all tbis money, they canonly make 20 %. Oil companis would suck a mil o f donkey dic to mae 20 %. So since 20 % of more is 20 % of more, why not pa y it out and make the 20 % rather than refunding it ? Get the idea ?

Invasive tests are not always the best thing. What about the issue of "pati ent compliance" in taking their medications ? (remember when they had medic ine instead of medications ?) They were talking about a chip in the pill to see if the patient actually took the drug. The technology exists and this will probably help get it implemented.

No, it's not really stick it up YOUR ass, it is stick it up THEIR ass.

No, insurance and shit like that rsults in laws and regulations written by those who cannot discern their canal zone from a depression in the Earth.

You got people writing building codes whonever built any buildings. you got people writing electrical codes who never wired a damn thing. You got peop le regulating car safety who have never designed a car, worked on one or ev er even wrecked one.

But will they ? Remember, the more they pay out, the more they make.

Kinda hard to predict, especially because they have to be concerned with PR .

Reply to
jurb6006

I would hate to live in the world you do. I don't see every action of the government as bad, just the bad ones.

Here is the other side of that coin, government not doing enough because of limited thinking conservatives. In Virginia the state is dominated by the conservatives in the central part of the state as much as anyone. In this case for 12 years they have stopped a bill getting passed because people don't want "more laws". The bill would require that children in most boats wear a life preserver.

This is already the law at the Federal level and covers some 95% of the public waterways in VA I'm told. The Feds don't do a lot to enforce laws on pleasure boaters. The state doesn't enforce the federal laws. So in effect there is no law about this in VA. In the 5% of the state waterways which are not covered by the Federal law even if a child drowns because of the lack of wearing a life preserver, no one committed a crime and so no one gets punished.

Really, requiring children to wear a life preserver is "too much law"?

--

Rick
Reply to

You aren't making sense. Their withholding will cover their taxes. Why would they need to "notify" anyone?

--

Rick
Reply to

You are just making stuff up now.

--

Rick
Reply to

You really are stupid. People are getting subsidies now that they will have to pay back and can't afford. They're happy now, not so much next year, when your house of cards falls. The problem is that Obama won't enforce the payback, so I get to pay their way. Again.

Reply to
krw

Why don't you do a little research? I know, lefties can't (or they would no longer be).

Reply to
krw

Ok. nuff said. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Because if they took the subsidy checks to help pay their insurance premiums, and the subsidy gets reduced, they owe the difference. So they owe more to the feds. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I can't research stuff that someone makes up.

--

Rick
Reply to

That doesn't answer the question. Why do they need to notify anyone? If you mean they need to make a payment before the end of the year, then say that. Otherwise they just figure their taxes and unless they screwed up their withholding they get a smaller refund than they expected.

--

Rick
Reply to