Where did "RUN" go?

wrote

Hmm.. hopefully an error and not some kind of advance information...

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

The company that made them claimed they were banners, but the packaging claimed they were flags. Either way, the extra stars were wrong.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

wrote

Probably 57, for the 57 states where Obummer campaigned.

Reply to
krw

wrote

If Model-Ts were made in Lexington Kentucky, perhaps.

Reply to
krw

They don't work.

Reply to
krw

wrote

the

We could add P.R., and break Mexico into six states. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

the

them

kill

keyboards,

I haven't tried one, but I have a couple used ones laying around. One handles a keyboard & mouse.

I've used plenty to go the other way, though.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

wrote

the

You missed the smiley?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yeah, but do they weigh 6 or 7 pounds, and do the key-caps come off so you can put them in the washing machine?

Reply to
JW

the

kill

I've got a Belkin dual PS/2 to USB converter so you can use your old mouse as well. Funny thing is that the Intel motherboards I've tried them on don't like them. Other than that they seem to work OK.

JW

wrote

Obama said he had visited 57 states. ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

wrote

the

"Run"

That's nothing! He said he saved the auto industry, solved unemployment and fixed health care!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

wrote

the

"Run"

There are apparently 57 Islamic states :-( ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

wrote

the

"Run"

Ford, too!

Sure, the deficit will be paid off by all those people claiming unemployment insurance, too.

Reply to
krw

wrote

the

"Run"

Didn't think one was needed on my comment. Sorry.

Reply to
krw

The Unicomp keyboards are essentially newly minted IBM Model-Ms. They got the patents and production equipment, I think. Yes, the key caps are removable (I'm missing the ESC key top on this one).

Reply to
krw

the

them

kill

keyboards,

ThinkPads don't like them either.

Reply to
krw

? snipped-for-privacy@On-My-Web-Site.com? wrote

following the

"Run"

^ ^ ^

No. You didn't see it on my post. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There's a reason they're called 'Escape' keys. :)

I might still have a couple dead ones buried in the shop.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's 'cos it's in the corner gets knocked off during careless handling, I bought three of these over ten years ago, kept the best and gave away others.

Now I wish I kept one more ;)

Yes, I've read the replacement keyboard is available for ~US$75 or 80, cost a bit more to get one shipped to AU though. Glad a couple 300R resistors got this one going -- it uses a 6805 microcontroller, next step would be to regenerate 5V supply (sepic reg) from whatever 5V gets down the lead, but not needed :) Maybe Intel mobo got polyswitch instead of fuse in 5V line?

Grant.

Reply to
Grant