Did TI buy National Semi??

Yup, they did.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

You didn't know? Do you live in a cave ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

"Our priority is to ensure you have the same great experience with TI that you have had with National Semiconductor."

That means you get to be on TI's spam list at no additional cost.

Martin Riddle

That's not so bad. The local FAE takes me out to lunch (or brings it in) every couple of weeks. The brisket BBQ is pretty good.

Reply to
krw

He's on dailup, so the news takes longer to arrive. ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

Under a rock, in a cave. National had surprisingly (to me, anyway) small sales, just a small snack for TI. It was the largest semiconductor company in the world in '81, and it's sales in 2010 were not that much higher in nominal dollars (much, much less in 1981 dollars).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

What follows is a quote of a the first part of an e-mail to me:

T E X A S I N S T R U M E N T S

MYNATIONAL ACCOUNT MIGRATION TEST

Dear Robert Baer,

Your myNational account will transfer to Texas Instruments and become a my.TI account this weekend. Our priority is to ensure you have the same great experience with TI that you have had with National Semiconductor.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Well, what about Taft-Hartley? What about the Feds preventing monopolistic take-overs? Etc?

Reply to
Robert Baer

I will have you know that i am a baer, and baers love caves..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Figgured as much..starting to roll in more now.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Been on Hi-Speed for a while..maybe the capitalized letters stand for HS and so that is what i am getting?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Yeah. Thought that National was still *BIG* ..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Who has a monopoly in the electronics biz?

??

Reply to
krw

Non-answer noted.

Reply to
krw

It sure as heck NOT Maxwhazzitsnamenotinstock..

Reply to
Robert Baer

I doubt it. It sounds like it was composed by marketing types, who still write like they are in the third grade.

There was an earlier thread about TI buying National and you posted to it. My computer crashed last night, while updating the files for this prgram and deleted all but a couple newsgroup. It trashed the read messages, and now the list goes back four years of crap. It also reloaded all of the killfiled crap. :(

Michael A. Terrell

Hell, I didn't even know they were still in business. Last time I saw a product was in 1979. An $90 LED caculator I bought, with cold solder joints I hadda resolder to get it working, again. By time I began working in Silicon Valley proper, in '88, they were long gone from their once huge SV main production campus.

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!
Reply to

What a "joy" - blame it on Billy Boy.. Better yet, make it a law that he PERSONALLY has to fix such stuff.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Did you forget that he couldn't even boot windows, in front of a large group of people?

Michael A. Terrell

D'you think he's *personally* capable?

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to