What's the Toughest Branch in Electronics?

I'm working on a chilled cheesecake idea. Served almost like an ice cream dish. I buy bricks of creamcheese in the refrigerated (chilled) section of stores. However, I freeze the creamcheese. The problem is frozen creamcheese becomes too hard to break with a fork. I have bent forks chipping at failed frozen cheamcheese recipes.

My idea is to somehow get bubbles in the cheamcheese so that it's easier to break with a fork. The bubbles also bulk up the cheamcheese for more volume and less mass.. (Good for people watching their weight.)

I'd like to get the creamcheese looking like volcanic rock.

Hopefully I don't need a vacuum chamber.. :P D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Oh, dear! Have you ever made (or eaten) a real cheesecake?

...Jim Thompson

snipped-for-privacy@uakron.edu snipped-for-privacy@uakron.edu posted to sci.electronics.design:

Damn, that does sound like a fun job. Presuming that you have enough time left, do you get to take courses without irrelevant hassles?

Reply to
JosephKK

I'm not sure.. Seems like everytime I try out a new restaurant the cheesecake is different.

Ok.. maybe what I'm making shouldn't be called a cheesecake but I don't know what else to call it. I'm working on a recipe idea with lots of creamcheese at low temperatures.. freezecheesecake? A spinoff idea I have to make a recipe with icecream and creamcheese. Maybe a layer of mint ice cream with chocolate+creamcheese.

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Which is why I called my recipe Cheesecake Mousse. It had lots of bubbles, so definitely was not a cheesecake... 8-)

Charlie

PS: I also make a Dark Chocolate Cheesecake that can drive a chocolohic wild! But, my wife doesn't like it... :-(

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Well, I make cheesecake icecream just by adding cream cheese to my standard icecream recipe...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Sounds good!

...Jim Thompson

Getting paid.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

D from BC snipped-for-privacy@comic.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

The bubbles (at least in good cheesecake) come from the whipped eggwhites.

Reply to
JosephKK

Everyone has their own definition of "cheesecake". My wife's is Alton Brown's (Good Eats/Food Network) recipe which is pretty much the classic New York style. No egg whites.

...Jim Thompson

[snip]

I think some cheesecake recipes need to be cooked.. If the New York style has no egg whites, does that mean it's a no=cook cheesecake?

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Cooked in a water bath in the oven.

I looked it up... it does have eggs in it, but not just whites...

It is fabulously good !!

...Jim Thompson