what is WRONG with these people?

Well, I'm 57, so I'm a bit behind the curve. ;)

Agreed about all the fun, though, and besides, think of all the money you saved on girls.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Don't be discouraged. You'll get better at electronic design when you grow up.

I didn't!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Why complain, then, if you can't bend what's advertised to fit in
applications foreign to yours, to suit your needs?

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

experiences that electronics brought me. "

I have to agree. I am 56 and due to eyesight mainly, am pretty much retired . But I remember.

I was a natural born troubleshooter, and not just electronics, I mean cars and everything. But that was after Grampa.

We used to go to Grampa's on Saturday. He had money, he had his retirement coming in plus some CDs. But he was a scrapper. Picked up those lawn chairs that were broke off tree lawns on garbage day, stripped out all that was n ot aluminum and took them to the scrapyard in his Ford Pinto.

He started getting TVs and that's where I came in. I helped fix some of the m, tube ones mostly as this was a long time ago. So one Saturday we go and he hands me some money. I said "What's this ?". he said "That TV we fixed I sold, this is your cut". Damn, I never thought of making money at this. I was just having a blast spending time with Grampa.

Of course later things changed and I had jobs where I was making more than the owners of the company. But Grampa said "Make them pay you". I understan d what he meant, they are not going to volunteer the money, you must demand it. I was closer to him than my Father, until he died. This guy reground P hillips screwdrivers. He was the go to guy when someone couldn't get a bolt off their car. (we were a car family, never took one in to a shop for repa ir, even went and had cylinder heads welded, which is what happened to Gram pa's Pinto) He used to drive that Pinto at 5 MPH in fourth gear.

I know I can't go back in time, but it would be nice. I had hopes and dream s. I didn't know much about world politics. There were jobs. There was mone y. Money to blow on my hobby, and a few other things of course. People were nice. Well actually I have run into some nice people these days so they do still exist. But others will shoot you for your shoes. We had less of that then.

Another thing was you could walk to the doctor without crossing a major roa d. Really. When a kid climbed a tree, fell off and broke an arm or whatever you just kinda dragged him down there, but you had to call his Parents of course. No cellphones. Now a kid falls out of a tree there are three police cars, a helicopter and four lawyers there. I don't like this world anymore .

Reply to
jurb6006