What is this called?

Corvid wrote in news:r95hm2$75k$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

So go jump off a tall bridge, dipshit.

You are even more clueless that DoeTard is.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Wow! Talk about thread drift.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

More like thread theft.

Reply to
John S

It's not politics or viruses. Most everybody likes birds.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

What else would you expect from Larkin? His shit doesn't smell of course. His thread hijacks are ok of course.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

True. At my last place of residence we started feeding some kookaburras. Two at first. But this feeding made them very successful breeders, and in just a few years, there were twelve of them (kookaburra offspring stay to help bring up siblings in later years), with apparently all the offspring having survived (usually, only 50% survive a year).

We were giving them a kilo of beef a week, which gets expensive.

But they're incredibly cute.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

They are better then sulphur crested cockatoos, which stat demolishing your house splinter by splinter for amusement. It must be time for annual birds-eating-my-house news item.

Reply to
news18

Had that problem too. I ended up reinforcing some of my window frames with strips of colour-bond steel.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

The previous owners of my sisters house used to keep birds in a large'ish outside bird cage, say 3mtrs by 1mtr by 2mtr high ..... until the travelling cockies ripped a hole through the roof!!

--
Daniel
Reply to

Yeah he has got his head rammed so far up the trumpsters ass he is totally oblivious of anything outside his own tiny world.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

In my case it is a Hans macaw /in/ my mother's house.

I hand shaped sheet aluminimum to prevent the little darling getting at a lintel in a 2ft thick wall. Furniture is protected by sheets .

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I'm often, unpleasantly, impressed by how many guys have anal fixations, talking about exit orifices and poop and stuff all the time. I do hope they wash their hands often.

I'm interested in body parts, but not those and not on guys.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Galahs are worse, at Woomera we had to cover the cable trays on the dish to stop them eating the rubber covered cables. NASA sent us an expensive polyfoam cover for one of the small dishes that lasted about 10 minutes. At Carnarvon tracking station we had a couple of MF horizontal yagis, the bloody things used to perch on the elements and bounce till they broke.

Reply to
keithr0

That is what they did to my old analogue TV aerial. Fat bloody cockatoos.

Reply to
news18

This reduced our bit rate some:

I don't understand the biology here. Is coax nutritional?

One night last month we heard a lot of noise downstairs. Six possum in the kitchen. At least it wasn't a bear.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Does that count as a possum posse?

Reply to
Mike Coon

Possumbly.

We have a lot of wildlife in SF. Coyotes, possum, raccoons, snakes, skunks, the occasional big wildcat, flocks of wild parrots, seagulls, hawks, ravens, ducks, hummers, bats, whales, porposes, sharks, seals, progressives, other weird things.

I discovered for myself decades ago that there are hummingbirds in SF, on a one week visit. I was sitting on the wall where Broadway runs into the Presidio and there was one perched on the railings! But I don't know if they are migratory...

Reply to
Mike Coon

The males are very territorial, and have sharp beaks.

Their servo systems are astounding. In strong gusty winds, they can hover immovably as if they were glued to steel posts.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

I, too, was surprised to spot them while I was sitting outside my company's canteen in Palo Alto.

Reply to
Tom Gardner