What are 6.5 Digit Multimeters Good For?

You already do that.

Michael A. Terrell

:

A mirror?

Michael A. Terrell

lots of super expensive stuff.

Or dimbulb.

Michael A. Terrell

And when it does, it's out of support, and the bean counters have put all the spares through the crusher.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

--
Just because you can't grasp the ramifications of hierarchy and
pyramidal structures doesn't mean I should be bound by your rules.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
Really?

Do you think NIST's standards are verified with Simpson 260's?
Reply to
John Fields

On a sunny day (Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:00:39 -0500) it happened John Fields wrote in :

A lot of pyramid schemes had the guys arrested :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:53:20 -0500) it happened John Fields wrote in :

I think Newton would never have gotten that theory round if the apple had elevated from his head.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

--
Omigod, you're just so cute!!!

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Stupidity is a pyramid scam, and he is caught and still trying to achieve escape velocity.

Reply to
TutAmongUs

On a sunny day (Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:01:57 -0500) it happened John Fields wrote in :

I know :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

As opposed to you, DimBulb; loving his stupidity so much that escape will never be attempted.

Reply to
krw

Actually, that 60 Hz transformer you're talking about isn't a linear transformer.

Reply to
Michael Robinson

Linear as to mean opposed to switching. Not sure where I picked up 'linear' to describe that. It's probably old school.

I am pertaining to that layed silicone steel core thing with all the copper windings that plugs into the wall.

According to

I should be comparing ferrite core with laminate core. Therefore...let me rewrite .. My assertion is that antiqued instruments help qualify them as boat anchors due to being heavier than instruments with an equivalent smps.

Reply to
D from BC

--
Idiot, if the rules would have caused the apple to elevate there would
have been no Newton and you wouldn't be posting the crap you do since

In any case, Newton had nothing to do with feedback.

Here's a clue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Stephen_Black

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Linear supply line/input transformer.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

:

stuff anyways.

or LIGO,

Why do need "accuracy" to 0.01%? What are you trying to measure to that kind of accuracy? ...Jim Thompson

:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com=20

Fields

from BC

:

chip,

around

cheap

accurate=20

=20

You are missing some concepts here. =20 There are things called reference cells, the voltage across the=20 terminals is dependant on the chemistry/physics. Similar to and=20 far lower tech to make than bandgap references. The terminal=20 voltage can be determined to 6 places before putting the meter=20 leads to them and are repeatable and reliable. Ratiometric methods can maintain resolution and accuracy in a large=20 variety of situations, see R/2R DAC systems. With these concepts in hand you would not have bothered to make your=20 comment. Or maybe you do not credit anyone else with these few bits of=20 typical electrical engineering knowledge.

Reply to
JosephKK

BC

:
++++expensive stuff anyways.

ITER, or LIGO,

So, you know some interesting tricks to make an AC current source=20 accurate to 0.01%? A lot of people would interested, especially if=20 it was a clean sine source. With a good clean DC current source i=20 have seen measurements all the way to 0.00002%. There be tradeoffs=20 here.

Reply to
JosephKK

:
: