OT: animal survey

Just for curiosity's sake do you have a pet dog, cat, or other? do you talk to it anthropomorphically?

me: cat, yes

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Two cats, sisters, Ajax and Comet. I talk to them a little, but mostly rub them.

One parrot, Qunicy. We don't like each other.

John

Herbie (dachshund, 14-1/2) passed away last September. So, we don't talk much these days....

However, when he was around, he knew lots and lots of words. He was also smart enough to know front door or back door when I would ask if he wanted to go outside. I finally figured out the determination was made based on whether I had keys in my hand or not.

Reply to
mpm

Two cats and two dogs. (I started with one cat, my wife brought two dogs, and for parity we adopted a kitten from a next door neighbor. :-) )

Yes.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Two dogs, male litter mates, found abandoned down at the barn one morning in Joelton, Tennessee. About six weeks old and cute as buttons. Me, "Hunny, can we keep 'em?"

And lotsa guppies.

We need a barn cat to keep the vermin down.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Is being condescending to a cat count? 'You stupid furball. You're a cat.'

Cats need to be genetically altered to speak.

D from BC

We're down to just one cat. The Dachshunds reached 12 and 15 years and had to be put sown due to chronic ailments that were painful to watch :-( ...Jim Thompson

That's like 90 years old in human years.

Reply to
D from BC

Probably a reincarnated "tech" that can see into your sub-human mind.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Thanks! I like it!

Kind of what I have been trying to do here. Hahahahaha!

Reply to
BarnCat

Deep space network received this message :

I have a marsipulami that I bought on mars. I usually have it do the designs for me, as it is much smarter then me. I feed it cats.

Reply to
Sugar Brown

Parrots commonly pick one person in their household to be their enemy. They seem to need some drama in their lives. You have picked everyone in this group to be your enemy.

John

Like parrots, he needs *someone* to talk to (at?).

And, also like parrots, usually doesn't say much worth listening to.

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Yes, I usually start the dialog with my dog. But I know when to shut up, and be a good listener too.

Reply to
Beryl

Several dogs, over the years and one sorry cat.

This was my favorite and probably the last, but she died around Thanksgiving time last year. :(

She might have been purebred with papers, but she was a fun loving dog. In spite of health problems she was usually active and loved to play. The rest of the time she would lay at your feet, or sit on the porch and enjoy the warm Florida sun.

R.I.P., Maggie. :)

Michael A. Terrell

This group needs a 'big' barn cat to keep the trolls down. ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

I have two dogs. Yes I do, I say all the things to my dogs that I wish I could say to my kids like

"Hey, move your big butt out of my way" I tell the kids to not defend the dogs because if the dogs don't get the abuse then the kids will. My oldest doghas been with us for about 7 years. He is about 12 years old and every six months we think he is going to die. But his former life sucked so bad we joke that he is never going to let go of his life with us. Just a few weeks ago his eyes were throbbing in and out and he lost all his coordination. I thought for sure we were going to be putting him down, but he came through like he always does to eat more lunch meat and steak trimmings.

Reply to
brent

Two cats, Louis (Main Coon, black and white, and dumber than a rock) and Thunder (all black American patio cat, SWMBO's familiar). Would have a dog, but cats can be left for a weekend without problems.

Why not talk to them? They talk to us.

Reply to
krw

Who can neglect a cute furry critter that cries like a baby. Makes one wonder if cats evolved to take advantage of people. The better the baby cry, the more those type of cats carried on.

Cats are like pilot fish that accompany sharks. The pilot fish gets food and protection and the shark gets parasites eaten.

With cats, they get protection and food and people get this pampered furball that sleeps all the time and sometimes shows something that looks like love. I think the shark gets a better deal.

iirc ...there's a bit on wiki where a kitten was found buried with a

9500 year old body.
Reply to
D from BC

Dogs tend to be a lot more "talkative" in trying to get attention than cats, in my experience!

Although dogs are generally more trainable...

All pets provide a certain entertainment value as well.

Reply to
Joel Koltner