Vtech IP5850/5825: How to add handset?

Hello everyone,

Is there anyone out there who knows how to modify this cordless phone system to add a handset or two? I know the manual says that it can only do 2 handsets in total, but I figure there is a good chance this is an arbitrary limit that may be able to be bypassed. I have two complete ip5825 systems and I'd like to take the two handsets from one and add them to the other base station.

I'm also quite handy so I'd be willing to open it up and solder/desolder something. Of course, I'd prefer something easier if possible :)

Perhaps a different question to get to the same answer: What if one of my handsets is damaged? How do I replace it without replacing the whole system?

Thanks in advance. Cheers,

James.

Reply to
James Morrison