v for frequency?

Those crosstown blocks in NYC are a bitch.

Reply to
rbowman

It sounds cooler if you say a chain by a furlong.

Reply to
rbowman

Too bad it is not like pipe sizes where they seem to stay the same and the actual size seems to be a lot larger than what it is called.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I seem to recall that it depends on whether your talking about pipe or tube. Pipe (as in 15mm copper or plastic pipe) is always 15 mm in outside diameter. Whereas ½” tube, will always have a ½” internal diameter.

Or it could be the other way around. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Pipes have to mate with threads or glued/soldered couplings. Wood is nailed, so size doesn't matter much.

I haven't measured copper wire to see how honest it is.

Wood has to sort of mate. Just think how a floor would look if some older sheets of plywood were placed with the newer, smaller szes.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Fire a Mac from a Panzer.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Same here.

I was taught i in Maths, then changed to j for electronics. Stupid Maths teachers.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I studied physics at uni and always used f. The v is too close to the English v for velocity. You'd have v=vλ

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

A Pak (Panzerabwehrkanone) works better.

Reply to
rbowman

Then you never met Mr. Planck, Einstein, Bohr etc.

<

And it's a nu, not a v.

Imagine the confusion in an area where i is already used for current.

G.

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

That's a point, why do we label ohms, but don't label miles per hour? There should be a word for speed.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I thought slack jawed Merkins said "cycles" to mean Hertz? Y'all got 60 cycles over here, our electrons does gonna move faster than dem dare ooooropeeean wonnns.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If the Os has no domension, I don't need a license for it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

In message snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.home, Commander Kinsey snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com writes

Now that we're free from the oppressive jackboot dictatorship of the EU, can we now not revert to the traditional cycles per second (c/s, or simply 'cycles', etc)?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

If it's that important, you can use knots.

Reply to
Fredxx

Perhaps change to 60Hz while we're at it?

Reply to
Fredxx

And a Chain is the length of a cricket pitch.

Reply to
Robert

The reciprocal unit is the Ec.

That's barbaric. Here we measure length in (American) football fields and volume in Olympic swimming pools.