v for frequency?

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." Jim Mattis

True. Pan makes it easy to drop people into the bozo bin but the default sentence is a month. When some idiot like peeler reappears I'm careful to select the 'until hell freezes over' option instead of the default.

Reply to
rbowman

I maintain my slrn killfile manually, the way Larry Wall intended.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

In a forest of hideous conglomerated words German sometimes crafts a gem, Schadenfreude in this case.

Reply to
rbowman

Seriously? You actually move the mat back and forth for each use? Are you so tight you won't buy an extra mat?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I didn't know he had anything to do with slrn. S-Lang was John Davis. Wall unleashed Perl on an unsuspecting world. Perl 6 was such an cluster they had to change its name to protect the innocent.

Reply to
rbowman

The US pharmacy industry overcharges US patients to a disgusting extent. Biden's efforts to undo their rapacious lobbying are well directed.

It's one of the three blood pressure lowering drugs I take. It's not the one I was originally prescribed, but when that one went out of production that was the substitute the local expert recommended. It took a couple of years of fiddling to get my blood pressure down to an acceptable range, but strokes are just one of the bad outcomes you avoid by getting there.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Yes, the cheap tat shops here have Christmas now. Desperation. Normally the seasons follow chronologically: Back To School, which started about two weeks before the schools closed this year, then Halloween, then Christmas.

Reply to
Joe

Well, Larry Wall wrote rn, and slrn appears to be a descendent. slrn has a way to add stuff to your killfile from its interface, but it seems limited. Just easier to open the Score file in vi and have at it.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

There's a new channell on t'tellybox called 'Great!Christmas. Wall to wall Christmas movies. Yuk. Almost as wet as Great!Romance.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I believe the 'sl' part comes from Davis' S-Lang.

No idea how much rn DNA is in slrn. slrn is about 10 years newer so there was plenty of time for mutation.

We have a GUI for editing the various configuration files in the system. It's the same deal. it isn't bad if you want to add a new resource but for serious changes most of the sysadmins quickly realize opening the file in an editor is a lot easier.

Reply to
rbowman

That's a defeatist attitude. You guys claim to be the richest most powerful nation and you still have trouble populating difficult areas. This isn't the middle ages anymore.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

In the middle ages, people would farm any place that grew enough food to keep them barely alive. When places like the US and Australia opened up the Scots and Irish emigrated there. leaving their difficult areas behind them. On the east coast of the US there are areas that were farmed by the early settlers, but reverted to forest when better land became availabe further inland.

The Scottish wanker is descended from generations of people too dumb to exploit better opportunities. There are clever scots descended from people who could get off the land by getting skilled and educated, but the dim wanker clearly isn't one of them.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Low value targets. I did find a cache where the first finder got a $5 gift certificate for the Great Harvest Bread Company. For the ones that do have trade goods it's usually trinkets from the Dollar Store.

No, only a paper log. The confirmation code is used when logging the cache on the website.

Precise is relative. On good days you might have 3 meter precision. That's a lot of digging. Part of it is to prevent destruction of the site.

it's a general term. A favorite is a blank plate that is magnetic. They can be slapped on the side of a traffic signal box or other metal object.

The predominate species here is the Ponderosa pine but they're large enough to conceal a small container.

Particularly when I'm traveling the caches often are in a interesting site you wouldn't stumble over by yourself. Some times it's an excuse for a walk in the woods.

Reply to
rbowman

It comes from the same animals, it cannot be different. Perhaps you cook it differently, you do realise you can ask the cook to do it your way? Rare, medium, well done, etc.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I don't understand engines, but a simple clasp, come on.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I'd prefer to use the Chinese stuff.

Show us a nuclear power station you've designed. Show us a operating system you've written. Not everyone does everything.

P.S. "Show us some electronics you've designed" flows so much better. Why did you add the extra word "that"?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I have written three RTOS's and a few compilers and several language interpreters and one math package, but I don't have the code handy.

But I'm an electronic design engineer, and this is S.E.D.

P.S. Don't be prissy.

No, its uk.d-i-y. Learn to look at headers :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And the code from back then tended to be crude and buggy.

John Larkin is definitely an electronic engineer and he does post stuff here that he claims that he has designed. He doesn't seem to know anything about the design process, and his circuits seem to be evolved rather than designed. He certainly doesn't say much about the design process.

There nothing prissy about pointing out that you could have expressed yourself more clearly. What you did write did expose your unfortunate personality all too clearly, but that's a different issue.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

The rubbish is actually cross-posted to three groups - sci.electronics.design, alt.home.repair and uk.d-i-y

John Larkin is presumably posting to sci.electronics.design where he has been the most voluminous poster for some twenty years.

I had to go to eternal september to check this. Google groups won't show the complete original post.

Bill Sloman, Sydney

Reply to
Bill Sloman