v for frequency?

Why not just drink a whole litre?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I once spilt an entire pint and they refused to give me a replacement without paying. I wasn't that drunk, I managed to drive home without scrathing the car.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They don't add up for anyone, they stay the same percentage. £99 instead of £100 is a 1% discount. 3 billion of those things sold is also 1% less income for the business.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why would that stop the correct price being shown? Everywhere but Montana should just do what we do in the UK - the label on the goods states the final price. Tax isn't mentioned at all, they just tell the truth about what you pay.

Where does sales tax go? To the state or the main government?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

In the UK, they take huge amounts of taxes from income, sales, business, car ownership, and petrol, yet they still don't fix the roads. Well they do, but they fix the ones which didn't really need fixing, and they do 50 at once, spreading the workforce thin so they take months instead of days and cause tailbacks everywhere. Utter f****ng stupidity.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why a geocache? They just chose to put it there for a laugh?

This?

would have put that at $2000.

I see you're infested with f****ng psycho, sorry cycle, lanes too.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

As in "I have an 11lb 9oz gauge shotgun"?

Reply to
John Smiht

Or my shotgun is a 19 and 1/2 gauge?

Reply to
John Smiht

The state and sometimes the local government.

The Feds get 18.3 cents per gallon on gasoline and the states grab their share. Most people wouldn't consider that a sales tax since it say $3.95 / gallon at the pump. It isn't as blatant as buying a $3.95 loaf of bread at the market and finding out it really costs $4.15. One is considered an excise tax, the other a sales tax like the terminology makes a difference.

One exception to a state sales tax is marijuana. Recreation marijuana has a 20% tax, medical 4%. I think this county adds 3% for recreational. The last ballot split recreational/medical. The recreational initiative passed and the medical failed.

Reply to
rbowman

I placed it to call attention to the ridiculous cost of the bridge. The road is a shortcut for me but a lot of people would never go there.

Most of the caches I've placed are on trails that are a bit more scenic. This one is what is referred to as a 'park and grab' meaning you might have to walk 100' rather than 6 miles.

Reply to
rbowman

Having the taxes different is just going to make more people pretend to be ill.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Point out why British food is bad. Especially compared to American.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Per head of population you're terrible. Scotland is actually the best.

Tarmac, bicycles, tyres, overhead valve engine, tubular steel, canals, thermodynamic cycle, coal-gas lighting, wave power, ...... there are hundreds -

I pity the morons who buy Apple products, one born every minute. I'll buy the superior more compatible half price stuff elsewhere.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I want to watch a colour blind fool get the traffic lights mixed up and die.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The laws in America are more strict for sexual things. You guys think public nudity is wrong, and can get arrested for it, even in your own home if someone looks through the window. Your age of consent is 2 years higher in half the country (although that may be because you take longer to grow up).

And the fact remains you have vast areas of land but don't fill them.

I have an illness I cannot describe to a doctor because I don't know anyone who has had that particular feeling, so what words do I use? For example how would you describe pain/hot/cold to someone who had never felt them?

Only girls like pink. It's a sickly colour. It's just red, but less of it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Some of them are a bit difficult to fill.

Reply to
rbowman

Before recreational use was legalized getting a medical card was sort of a joke. I don't know how difficult it is now when the state will lose revenue on the deal. Some conditions like cancer and glaucoma are verifiable but 'chronic pain' is a little loose.

Reply to
rbowman

British meat in a restaurant is very useful as shoe leather.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

In Michigan, renewing a medical marijuana card seems to be about the same as before recreational use was legalized. My husbad got his before recreational was legalized, so I don't know what that's like now.

His primary care physician won't involve himself in medical marijuana cards, worrying about jeapordizing his relationship with Medicare. My husband showed up at the "pot doctor" office with a thick sheaf of documentation on his chronic pain and had no trouble getting his card.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

How stupid would you have to be to think "the springform pan mechanism might look a bit complicated at first glance"? It's just one of them levers you get on toolboxes innit? I don't think I could design one without copying another, but I can certainly open one.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey