v for frequency?

Mine comes in one packet. Pour into dish, add water, heat. You can do that in any heating device: oven/pan/microwave. I use a microwave, so I can just eat it form the same container it was cooked in.

Commander Kinsey

Indeed, some people like the sound of their own voice, even when it's horrid to listen to. I recently listened to one where a woman was speaking like what can only be described as a hairdryer. She sounded like she was expelling a lungfull of air for every single word. I hate it when I look up "how to do X" on google and find a load of f****ng videos.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not as many as there should be for that amount of land, I think it's because they think sex is wrong.

A few people have f***ed up eyes and see colours wrong, but most of us are the same.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Funny, I heard most Americans don't know anything outside their own country:

A tourist or a tourrrorist? I can't tell when a Merkin speaks which it is.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I never plan a holiday. I drive about, walk about, do what comes up. Much more fun. First time in France I accidentally found a guy with about 50 vintage cars and he showed me round them.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They don't have the ability to understand anything. They're not trying to be stupid, they just are.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

There is no "typically American." The USA is amazingly big and diverse.

We like Beecher's "World's Best" frozen mac+cheese. It well may be.

Otherwise we make a light, orange colored, tomato-cream sauce from fresh famers' market veggies. Not that dreadful reddish-brown cooked-to-death gunk from canned sauce.

What a bizarre delusion. You should have seen Dolores Park last Sunday.

"Not tonight dear. We're British."

"We English only show affection for horses and dogs."

And Germans. And Africans.

Maybe there is no "wrong" about colors. Maybe we use the same names for very different perceptions. Maybe that's why we have such varied tastes in colors.

But this week, everybody is wild for pink.

Do we have to give back all the money and houses and jet planes and Nobel Prizes?

Apple is worth $3.08 trillion now. The average Apple employee makes about $300K. Pity us!

Actually, they switched several years ago to using Turmeric and Annato as the coloring agent.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

And to paraphrase the Dixie Chicks singer, I'm ashamed to share the same planet with some of them.

Reply to
rbowman

At least America hasn't pissed away a world-wide empire. Yet.

Reply to
rbowman

We are well under way of becomming a third world country. Both parties in Washington are seeing to this.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I've recently been tasked with coming up with some of the visualizations loved by managers, bar charts, pie charts, doughnut charts, the works. Shiny! Unless you're color blind of course.

Reply to
rbowman

The US doesn't have an empire. It does have a huge cultural influence, but nobody forces anyone, at gunpoint, to eat fried chicken or wear jeans and cowboy hats.

That's ok. Some of them are ashamed to share the same planet with you.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

The guns are implied, often in the form of economic sanctions.

Overlooking little expansions like Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Guam you are correct that the US hasn't moved in and administered areas like Britain did in its heyday. That's given the US the freedom to invade countries, shoot them up, and then leave them in shambles.

I'm sure many countries would be happier if they were forced to wear cowboy hats rather than accepting the LGBQ$ mandates that goes against their religious and cultural heritage.

Reply to
rbowman

Agreed. It's a big planet though and maybe it's time to go our separate ways. At one time marital divorces were almost unthinkable; make it's time to reexamine national divorces. Just because Lincoln killed a few hundred thousand people the last time the subject came up doesn't make it right.

Reply to
rbowman

"a presidential memorandum is largely symbolic." Cuba and Iran can trade with the rest of the world. An "economic sanction" is not a blockade. And Joe is just pandering anyhow.

Hawaiians voted to become a state. Puerto Ricans can vote to be a state, or to be totally independent, but prefer to be what they are.

Guam can be independent if the people want it.

What country is being forced by the USA to do any of that?

I give you my permission to stay far away.