USB interface

there ar many, IIRC the AVRUSB project has free storage device and serial device code.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

There are AVR codes for USB mass storage, virtual com port and SD interfaces. You just need to put them together. I think we have come to the agreement that SD card makes more sense than parallel RAM.

Reply to
linnix

I have decided to use and sd card. I have formatted the card in my computer. I have written a 4 Mbyte dummy file to the card. 69 minutes of data. Now all I have to do is figure out where on the card the file starts. Is there some free diagnostic that will give me that information? My device will just overwrite the data in the file.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

Some times ago, I tried helping a customer with the same thing. After the first question: "What is a Linux"? I gave up and mailed him a

32MB SD card with a single 31MB "data" file starting at 0235000 and a CD with the image to recreate it. He kept asking for more SD cards, even though he got the CD image of it. Email me at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com with your address and I will go buy more SD cards.
Reply to
linnix

Sad, so sad.

don

Is there some

Reply to
don

Look for a microcontroller with a USB device interface and a mass storage example.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

Just map the path from your USB storage device through the USB port on your PC, down to the 'port' on the motherboard, and into the PCI bus. The 'glue' parts between the PCI bus and the USB I/O chip on the motherboard should be examined..

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

How about this? It should function as a com port. This is very close to what I think will let me read data from a ram.

snipped-for-privacy@att.net/walking.pdf

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

Personality? Or lack thereof?

You first, you flatulent sack-o-shit.

Oh, it's curable. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I hear you can get shotguns with flavored barrels nowadays.

Reply to
Bill Palmer

One little problem. Can TXE# and RXF# be asserted at the same time by the FT245 USB interface? I intend to use receive dat for control. I probably need to give one priority over the other, since the data for both is on the same buss.

Bob

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

Considering that my Aunt and my Cousin were murdered by a bastard with a shotgun, I find no difficulty putting the likes of you into the same social spectrum he falls into. I am quite sure that your mentality is exactly at that point among men, if you can even qualify for that moniker, which I doubt.

Good job, asswipe. You deserve a fate worse than death. Perhaps one day, you will become mentally mature enough to understand the stupidity of your remark.

Reply to
Mr.Eko

FatBytestard, Mr.Eko, Archimedes'Lever and, no doubt, others are all the same idiot who (wisely) hides his true identity so that he can abuse people at will with no comeback - except disdain.

He should choose a new ID and be polite to others - then they might be polite to him.

Reply to
richard

idiot who (wisely) hides his true identity so that

to him.

Archimedes' Lever

snipped-for-privacy@Texarkanacops.gov

Capt. Cave Man

Corbomite Carrie

DarkMatter

Dorothy with the Red Shoes on

FatBytestard

FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor

HiggsField

IAmTheSlime

snipped-for-privacy@upyers.org

" snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org"

Mr.Eko

snipped-for-privacy@billsbackyard.org

snipped-for-privacy@yup.org

RoyLFuchs

snipped-for-privacy@crackasmile.org

SkyPilot

SoothSayer

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

snipped-for-privacy@ssiveBlackHoleAtTheCenterOfTheMilkyWayGalaxy.org

snipped-for-privacy@oozingacrossyourlivingroomfloor.org

" snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org"

snipped-for-privacy@thusspoke.org

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

That is a direction you could follow but you'll need special software to communicate on the PC platform. If you make a mass storage device you can have a filesystem on the SRAM and have Windows, Linux, OSX, etc read directly from the SRAM.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel
[snip]

idiot who (wisely) hides his true identity so that

to him.

You missed:

makenoattempttoadjustyourset

itsasecretdummy

valleygirl

luvyernailz

ultimatepatriot

the great attractor

the last mimsy

bungalow bill

spurious response

do i really need to say

animalmagic

skypilot

soothsayer

{bart\\!}

funkypunk

But NNTP-Posting-Host: {72\\.197\\..} covers 'it' all.

...Jim Thompson

                Labor Unions Cause Global Warming

same idiot who (wisely) hides his true identity so that

polite to him.

That list is what I've seen on this computer. It is the one in my office. The one I normally use isn't availible right now. I am working on making the house more handicaped accessable, and the cottage where I normally sleep is full of things that had to be moved till I finish. I'm adding another exterior door, and a wheelchair ramp, and some ramps inside the house to make it easier for me to get around.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

If the unit is a com port that is ok. I need to write special software to process the data anyway.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

idiot who (wisely) hides his true identity so that

to him.

You missed several, and missed the nym on many of them.

Reply to
Bart!

Ahhhh... the joys of riding a bike 10 miles a day...

Reply to
GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement

Row, row, row your boat...

Reply to