USB 3.0 Connectors

I was looking for a decent USB 3.0 enclosure for 2.5 inch drives on eBay and found a bunch at the low end. I realized I didn't recognize the connector on the case as the double wide 3.0 micro. Thinking they were BSing me about the 3.0 thing I looked a bit closer and realized it was a

*mini* connector.

I looked it up on the web and there are some pages that show USB 3.0 mini connectors. But most web pages indicate there is no such thing. Looking closely at the inside pictures the USB mini connector clearly has 10 pins.

So are mini USB 3.0 connectors relatively new? It's almost funny, but they only charge around $0.25 more for USB 3.0 over 2.0.

--

Rick C
Reply to

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 01:03:46 -0400, rickman wrote as underneath :

I baught such a 2.5 enclosure about two years ago, the mini plug looks externally identical but has connectors for both sides of a blade, the mini socket has a more D shape so you can tell the difference but you have to pay attention, the cable of course is much thicker and shorter, colored blue etc.! So they have been around a while.. The plug for the computer end also has all the extra pins at the inner end of the plug.. C+

Reply to
Charlie+