1394 Connectors

Hello all...

I recently came across an old Orange Micro combination USB 2.0 and

1394A ("Firewire 400") PCI expansion card. The outboard 1394 connectors were heavily corroded and have so far proven unfixable. An undamaged internal 1394 connector shows the circuitry to be functional.

I would like to replace them. The part to use seems to be Molex #

0534600629.

I have looked in a lot of places to try and find these available for sale. I do not know what a compatible, differently branded connector would be called (haven't researched it). But I cannot find anyone selling these in reasonable quantities or actually having them in stock. Short of trying to scam a few samples out of Molex (which I'd feel bad about) I don't know what to do.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Likewise, if you have a junked Firewire card sitting around with some of these connectors on it... (I am located in the US. Don't reply to the indicated e-mail address. It does not work.)

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Welcome to the wonderful world of part numbering systems. That part number is likely to be a dead-end.

What you need is a vertical through-hole connector, IEEE-1394 DigiKey has some in stock

that might prove useful.

Reply to
whit3rd