Ultracapacitors for your Interociter, 50 farad 2.5V $1.75

This surplus junk catalog ...this isn't paper, it's some kind of metal!

:)

One of the surplus outlets currently has fifty farad "super caps," but for that value I they're probably ultracapacitors. What comes next after "Ultra?" Hyper? Better quick buy that domain. Oops, too late.

But ...is $1.75 actually a surplus price? Haven't those things come down that far yet?

"'Dear Dr. Meacham: in place of the condensers you ordered, we are sending you our AB-619 model. We are certain it will interest you. Director electronics service, unit 16.'"

[need Interocitor GIF anim here]

Complete Interocitor parts kit:

33KV metaluna energy storage capacitor:
Bill Beaty

Answer: doh, Mouser has similar ultracapacitors for about three bucks, so $

1.75 for fifty farads is just an OK surplus price but not phenomenal.

And, my weird references were to the 50s science fiction spectacular "This Island Earth," where the plot starts out with an alien capacitor hundreds o f times smaller than expected for that component rating. "Diamond drill, t he hardest element we have, didn't even scratch it."

If someone could just figure out how to cut up a flatscreen video monitor w ithout destroying it. Ah, THEN we could build our own "Interociter" model s, with functioning triangular video screens. Though not so good for watc hing Cinemascope(tm) format of "Forbidden Planet."

And yet still nobody has built a full size working model of the computer fr om Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

It shows up in "The Desk Set," also "The Invisible Boy" see 4:30

Bill Beaty