Two-transistor circuits--can we get to 100?

This thread can't die until the site is up. :)

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

any idea how many we got so far?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Super-regen receiver / detector?

(It's not clear whether we're counting only distinct topologies, or the same basic circuit connection adapted to different problems, e.g. a "Darlington electrometer" == or != "Darlington," == or != "Nuclear War detector" ?(*)

(*)

)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I made a thermal IR detector when I was a kid. It was a black 2N107 germanium transistor in a flashlight reflector, biased at the edge of thermal runaway. It sensed my hand from three feet away.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I'm a big Rod Elliot fan..

Scroll three quarters of the way down for a semi-balanced two transistor NIC oscillator that is neat and uses an external RC...

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328

Turns out the above reference is US pat US2852680 by Arthur Radcliffe

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328

I built a battery-powered 2-terminal -1K resistor as an EE project, pretty much like fig 6 there. It was fun to play with.

lunatic fringe electronics

On a sunny day (Wed, 20 Sep 2017 16:48:09 -0700 (PDT)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

And the tunnel diode osscillator, fewer parts needed.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

In our "Pulse Techniques" class in college, we analyzed multivibrators as negative impedance devices.

Reply to
krw

IDK but this thread can't die until the site is up. :)

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso