Two-transistor circuits--can we get to 100?

IIRC it was the collector of the same transistor that went negative. Of course you could hang a follower on it. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Of course! a Darlington zener! pure genius. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

We can design complex systems using lots of optoisolators in lieu of transistors then.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

How about the old e-b junction zener as random noise generator trick?

Since this is a two-transistor challenge, use two, follow with a coincidence detector, and you've got the core of an infinite improbability drive.

(That should tie in nicely over on the Flat Earthers farce thread--build this & seed the universe with lifeforms galore.)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Or stack two!

+12V -+- | +-------. | | .-. .-. R1 | | R2 | | '-' '-' | | |>' '-' SF1 .--| Q1 | | |\ |>' === '-----| Q2 |\ '----> V-

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

This is actually a good practice, to reduce correlation. Use a complementary pair.

I have an old noise generator that uses a pair of 6D4 triode thyratrons for magnet biased noise generation. One is inverted, then both signals are summed and amplified to the output.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

GR?

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

yes, you are right. It could actually be used to de-IDss a JFET when no negative supply is available.

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

We had a nice discussion about this a couple years ago in a thread called "A very silly circuit." I bumped the thread.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Not knowing the criteria I guess a simple flip flop might also qualify? Werner

Reply to
aioe usenet

Is the photon coupling idea known to be correct? There might be other mechanisms.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Sure, it's just a low-beta isolated-base transistor. And slow.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

It's on the list already.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I don't know of anybody who's actually measured it. It might well be hot electrons rather than photons.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Nah, Elgenco. Seems to be more obscure? Probably not an unusual circuit for the day.

thru 7

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

What is SF1?

George h.

Reply to
George Herold

I was waiting patiently for someone to notice. That was a gag--SF1 = smiley face #1. :-)

Cheers!

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

It says "bistable" but is that just set-reset or can you do a JK?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

SR only. You need more gates for clocking and so on.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

One can make a toggle (divide by 2) flipflop by capacitively coupling into both grids/bases. Done delicately, it has worked.

It's easier to do a divide-by-N by injection locking an astable, with just resistors or caps.

 Click to see the full signature