Two-transistor circuits--can we get to 100?

I just thought of a couple of precision voltage switches. 100 should be easy.

100circuits.com ?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Old school two transistor interface (with a 555!)

Teletype Current Loop

New(er) school two transistor interface:

Transistor Based Level Shifter

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz, KB7RPU
Reply to

Fake! More than two transistors.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

If that's the way you feel just drop the 555 and spin it into a current loop supply. ;0)

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz, KB7RPU
Reply to

don't forget to register 101 ;)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I just remembered the circuit of the original DTMF phones that had 1 transistor forming two oscillators. It doesn't fit you're criteria, but it was so unique and ingenious it begs the question of whether there are many more possibilities with 2 transistors.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

but

So hang a follower on it. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

Did we do avalanche pulse generator?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Too many parts.

lunatic fringe electronics

The trick is the varistors across each resonant tank. Each tank becomes an amplitude self-limiter. The tanks are in series with the negative resistance of the transistor. In those days, transistors were expensive but transformers and varistors were relatively cheap.

And Western Electric had no competition.

lunatic fringe electronics

Yeah. Two resistors and one transistor should do it.

Reply to
John S

I prefer 100twotransistorcircuits.com, longer but very descriptive.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

If that's how you guys feel just spin it into a two way shifter. ;0)

BTW, a superior schematic exists somewhere out there in cyberspace but it's beyond my google-fu to find it a second time. This thread just motivated me to now print and paste bookmarks into my "dead tree" lab book for posterity.

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz, KB7RPU
Reply to

If you can fit in a second transistor, we should add it. A follower on the trigger, maybe.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Does the two opto-coupler flip-flop count as unique?

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328

Sure: (diode strapped BJT) + (B-E resistor biased BJT). Triggered avalanche switch. :)

(Which is also an application that needs the diode-strapped BJT, and not just a diode.)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

*Registering 100transistorlabs.com as we speak* :^)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com
Reply to
Tim Williams

Well, we could argue about it. My take is that a diode counts as a transistor for this purpose.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

If you're going to pwn the concept like that, you have to do all the work.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The analysis is beyond me. Would it be possible to do this with RC tanks or do you need transformers for isolation?

I'd like to see an RC circuit for 2 oscillators with one transistor so I could try it. Varistors are available aren't they?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso