Re: transistor parametric data---where?

>> przemek klosowski wrote: >>> I thought it would be easy to find a compilation of transistor data >>> listing the basic parameters (VCEmax, hFE, VCEsat, Pmax, fmax, ICEmax, >>> etc), for at least the basic types (2Nxxxx, BCxxx). >> .......... >> Have you tried: >> >>
>> >Yes, I do realize that one can find the individual datasheets. I was >looking for a compilation of the data, for instance to sort it by the >saturation voltage and/or by speed, to find the best switchers. It was >a surprise to me---are not the standard type designators (e.g. 2N2222) >supposed to refer to 'identical' parameters? and if so, I am somehow >surprised that there isn't a list somewhere, just like there's a list >of 74xxxx TTL chips. > >Individual manufacturers (IR for instance) have parametric searches for >their own product line that may even show rough pricing, but you just >have to know which ones are worth searching in. This newsgroup quite >often carries dialogs like > "I am using the xyz part, but it doesn't do abc" > "Try the uvw part, it has a higher fghi and is cheaper" >which is great if someone has the answer, but is so... manual.. and >even then the well-informed people are sometimes suprprised by new parts. > >I could almost see a giant datasheet-scraping script that collects >this information continuously into a large table on the web, but then I >think of all the crazy formatting variations of datasheet tables and I >snap out of it.

You've got to realize that the commercial application of the parametric lists was always in the repair business.

If people aren't repairing their toys any more, manufacturers don't even publish service information, so the commercial justification disappears.

Get one US president or some pop-hyped billionair collecting semiconductors (or beanie babys for that matter) and you can bet there'd be a catalog along, shortly.

RL

Reply to
legg