Old transistors data sheets - Where?

I came across a large box of unused assorted transistors in a box of junk from a TV and video repair business that had closed down and left them all at our rubbish tip trash and treasure exchange. Most are new although some are rather superficially corroded on the metal cases.

I have searched at

to identify the components and have had some success, but many of them do not show an exact match. Although I am a telecom engineer, and know a bit about them, I haven't had much to do with such components for quite a while. I want to make use of some in a couple of projects, but lacking the data sheets I'm not sure what is what, although many are obviously power transistors of some kind.

Is there a good source of data sheets for older components other than

Sometimes the above website comes up with similar numbered components but they are obviously different components, just from the physical appearence. Here are just a few I can't exactly match. Figures after the comma are secondary numbers listed on the components under the main mumbers.

Sanyo C1050E, 5k Sanyo B407 tv, 4g Sanyo SD68C, 5A Sanyo D416, 6B SonKen 25D201 D621M, 8E NEC 2SD388, R57 Sanyo 2SD68C, 4J Sanyo C1050D, 5G Sanyo C1050E, 5H Sanyo C1050E, 5K Sanyo C1050D, 5K BU326A, T8947 NEC 2SD388, K3YA Matsushita 2SD198

These are just som examples which may show the age of the components, there are literally hundreds of others, transistors big and small. Can anyone suggest where I might get datersheets on these "antique" components please?

Reply to
Independence

google

As an example, google on "2SC1050 datasheet" (drop the trailing grading letter) and you'll get a zillion datasheet hits - well, 270 in English anyway.

Reply to
rebel

I use a publication called VRT (ISBN 981-214-126-X) which lists the main characteristics as well as equivalents. Altronics stock it.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:25:52 +1000, "Independence" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I use this one for original datasheets:

... and this one for cross references:

$$Search?OpenForm

Otherwise you can Google for PDF filetypes, eg "2SD388 filetype:pdf".

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:25:52 +1000, "Independence" wrote:

[...]

You could try datasheetarchive

I find that they usually have somesort of data on even nondescript devices and they are adding new stuff all the time.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Reply to
Lance Shiells