Threading

I am using Thunderbird for this but for some reason lately, the posts in this news group are no longer threading by subjects as they used to and as they still do in the other news groups I subscribe to. What might be going on here?

Reply to
cameo

IIRC you can turn off threading by clicking the right hot spot on the news display. Perhaps you did so inadvertently?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

You can click on the top bar under 'Threading' , 'From', 'Received' or 'Order Received'.I use 'Order received'.... Seems to order things reasonably....

Reply to
TTman

Your electronic spider ran out of silk?

Reply to
Robert Baer

If you've accidentally clicked on any of the sort options, it unthreads.

If you click on View->Sort By->Threaded, it should go back to how it was. Checked on mine is "Order Received", "Ascending", and "Threaded"

HTH, Daniel.

Reply to
Daniel Pitts

Thanks, this did the trick. I guess I must have accidently unthreaded this NG. I'm surprised that the View->Sort By option does not apply to all NGs.

Reply to
cameo

I suppose the creators of TB decided that people want to read different NGs and email folders in different manors. "This group makes more sense to just see unthreaded sorted by author" and "This group makes more sense to see threaded sorted by date".

Personally, I'm not too happy with TB as a newsgroup client, but I'm more happy with it than with Free Agent or Google Groups. Keep meaning to write my own, but I definitely don't have time for that.

Reply to
Daniel Pitts