Schematics Binary NG - Unused?

We use it a lot to post schematics and datasheets and pics of circuits, components, food, and small animals.

Funny, you never see pics of people in abse.

John

Total posts available on Supernews: 5,830

Posts so far this month (less than 3 days): 106

Binary posts so far this month (less than 3 days): 30

Posts from those who don't know or don't care that they shouldn't be crossposting between a text group and a discussion group so far this month:* (less than 3 days): 30

*This is harmful because most news servers have different retention times and posting rules for the two types of newsgroup. Text groups get a lot longer retention, so crossposting to a binary group makes the post disapear a lot sooner on many servers. Binaries are allowed in binary groups but not text groups, and some servers simply drop any such post into the bit bucket, while others do so only if it's a binary.
Reply to
Guy Macon

How many multiple posts? ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

Hello Keith,

Ouch. That must have hurt.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

[snip]

Here's one of me, testing my tree parsing algorithm:

Ban the bomb.  Save the world for conventional warfare.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Does anyone ever use or even know about?:

UseNet: alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Just found it in passing but seems unused....

Pete

Reply to
Pete

OOPs. Twas my newsreader. there are a few posts in there but not much retention or very few posts... Sorry :)

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Total posts available on Supernews: 5,830

Posts so far this month (less than 3 days): 106

Binary posts so far this month (less than 3 days): 30

Posts from those who don't know or don't care that they shouldn't be crossposting between a text group and a discussion group so far this month:* (less than 3 days): 30

*This is harmful because most news servers have different retention times and posting rules for the two types of newsgroup. Text groups get a lot longer retention, so crossposting to a binary group makes the post disapear a lot sooner on many servers. Binaries are allowed in binary groups but not text groups, and some servers simply drop any such post into the bit bucket, while others do so only if it's a binary.
Reply to
Guy Macon

Twould seem to be your news server. Most readers err on the side of expired posts (out of the box - default settings).

default

'Cept for

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Most people would get a free web site like geocities and put them there so they can post links and save bandwidth etc (and they won't be deleted). Many ISPs don't carry the binary groups because of the wasted storage space for the junk that is being posted.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Yes. I was premature but didn't get that count once I had sorted out my newsreader so probably poor propagation via my newsserver :(

I've been naughty but wasn't intentional. Point taken though.

Regards

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Wall, eye didnt kno yew wuz sech a TREE-mendous guy; all them frilly branches an all!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Well, it seems to be pretty much unused (for its chartered purpose) now that somebody mentioned pictures of people!

Reply to
Richard Crowley

They mentioned "Pics of Poople"!!

Reply to