suddenly no sound on Raspbian, Raspberry Pi 2

On my Raspberry Pi 2, I suddenly have no HDMI
sound and no headphone sound either save for
the hello_audio.bin test, which works for the
headphones but not the HDMI.
I have tried this:
test-sound () {
sudo modprobe snd_bcm2835
for output in 0..2; do
sudo amixer -c 0 cset numid=3 $output
sudo aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav
done
}
No sound, no error message.
I uncommented the
hdmi_drive=2
line in
/boot/config.txt
and rebooted - same.
OS:
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Raspbian
Release: 8.0
Codename: jessie
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Emanuel Berg
I have this wrapper for the omxplayer - note the line with adev - I put local there and the 3.5 mm audio port sends sound.
However putting 'hdmi' or 'both' there, as the man page describes, doesn't get the HDMI (audio) going.
plo () { local file=$1
if [[ ! -f $file ]]; then no-file-msg $file return fi
local keys=~/public_html/conf/.omx-keys
local vol_mod=0 sudo omxplayer --align center \ --blank \ --key-config $keys \ --loop \ --font-size 35 \ --vol $vol_mod \ --adev local \ $file > /dev/null }
Also, I wrote this function to test the sound:
test-sound () { sudo modprobe snd_bcm2835 for output in 0..2; do sudo amixer -c 0 cset numid=3 $output sudo aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav done /opt/vc/src/hello_pi/hello_audio/hello_audio.bin # 3.5 mm /opt/vc/src/hello_pi/hello_audio/hello_audio.bin 1 # HDMI }
Well, at this point, it confirms the state...
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Emanuel Berg
Did you update? The new bluetooth extension installs pulseaudio. That made amixer not work on my 2B RPi (without bluetooth). I uninstalled pulseaudio (and autoremove after that) and all was well again.
Reply to
A. Dumas
I didn't upgrade, and I didn't have pulseaudio installed - so what I did was dist-upgrade, and now it works, with pulseaudio installed!
I suppose knowing the path and following it are two different things :)
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Emanuel Berg
Huh!
Reply to
A. Dumas
Roberts' tip: If all else fails, read the directions. If that doesn't work, follow them.
:-)
Reply to
colonel_hack