The Vultures Were Waiting

The Vultures Were Waiting ;-) ...

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Don't they realize that if you're in Fukushima, you can get that for free just by taking a walk through the right part of the reactor complex?!?

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I thought this was going to be a rant about your IRS.

Reply to
Pimpom

Oh? I could certainly rant on that subject ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

That comes next month on the 15th.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

A few nights ago on the tv, there was an interesting show about making cultured diamonds. They start with a small piece of (yellow) diamond, add graphite, heat, and pressure, and within a few hours they have a much larger (yellow) diamond.

At the end of the show, they noted that a service was available that would take the cremated ashes of a loved one and convert it into one of these diamonds. That struck me as something that I would like to have done to me.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

My youngest son, who died of colon cancer, requested that his ashes be scattered on the hillsides ("blanket bleachers") surrounding Phoenix International Raceway. They were, surreptitiously, by our oldest son :-)

My request is similar... on the hillside, with all the wildlife that I love, behind our home.

Of course I've also considered dumping them on the lobby desk at IRS ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I'd rather have that done to my EX! Sooner rather than later...

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net

Quit bragging, Jim. I got one of those too.

John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

That service is available, too, in New Jersey.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to
BobW

They would just grab their dustbuster.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

I've been getting those for years.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That was my first. Maybe they take down license plate numbers at the gastroenterologist ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Oh yeah, sure, that's what they 'say'. Notice the text color? It's soylent green!

Reply to
flipper

My Mom and Dad both were members -

But they both also issued DNR/DNI orders - (Do Not Resuscitate/Do Not Intubate) because they were both very practical people.

It made "probate" a breeze, and saved us thousands of dollars.

But, well, it's your life, it'll be your corpse, do whatever you want.

By the way, how's that colorectal cancer stuff workin' out for ya?

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I've heard that there's (or was) some service where you could have your ashes launched into space - I don't know if they were supposed to stay in orbit, or be dropped into the Sun.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On my "emergency contact" thingie, I've got, "If I'm found dead, donate my kidneys to my brother, any other usable organs to whoever needs them, and send the rest to the nearest medical school."

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I also donated my organs to the needy. It required two witnesses. They are both dead.

John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

Proving, of course, that the IRS knows how to suck!

Jon

How does that work since the ashes have no carbon left in them? Art

Reply to
Artemus