Oscillator

Hi,

I am using nrf24z1 with its recommended oscillator of 16MHz frequency. I checked the three oscillators and they all worked fine except when I connect or use them with the nrf24z1. As soon as I put the oscillator with the chip, the oscillator stops working and I can only see noise on the scope.

Is there any kind of tests available that can allow me to see that the chip has gone bad or locked up or something?

Thanks

John

Reply to
john1987

Which oscillator is that? It looks like the nRF24Z1 would like you to hang a crustal off of its pins 17 and 18. You should be able to use an oscillator if you connect it to pin 18, though.

If all three oscillators work on their own, either the nRF24Z1 is seriously loading them or else, perhaps, Nordic mislabeled which of pins 17 and 18 is input vs. output -- try feeding the oscillator to pin 17 and see what happens!

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Yes. Use a crystal as specified in the datasheet. That will enable you to determine whether your chip is working.

What made you think to use an oscillator versus the crystal circuit shown on the datasheet?

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

The crystal data sheet is as follows