Inventory

dagmargoodboat

Is that the owner? :)

Reply to
tm

My version...

...Jim Thompson

years ago in my teens, I had a cat named Midnight, he was all black and half siamese with the siamese cry and eyes. He was a great friend, didn't come home one day.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I recently had a rental cat(*) named D.C. ("Destructo Cat") like that. He turned out to be electronics-incompatible -- loved attacking and chewing wires, parts, schematics, clearing workbenches. Oh, and spraying them too.

(*) Loved by all the neighborhood, owned by none.

I liked him.

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

That's what happened with D.C. He got adopted, ran away, and is still running (hopefully) today.

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Cats tend to do that when they know their time is up.

Martin Riddle

Grin, Though currently living with two cats and two dogs, I'm mostly a dog person. (The cats keep the vermin down, but they are not allowed to bring them into the house. We had a plague of indoor chipmunks last year.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

That's why we went strictly to indoor cat... too many field mice brought inside, alive, to play "chase" with ;-) ...Jim Thompson

You mean they were not singing to earn their keep? What free loaders!

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

We have a black can named Thunder. The previous "owners" couldn't handle him. After he was with us for a week he settled down and has been a great cat. Our other one, Louis, is a retarded B&W Maine Coon. He's down to 24lbs., now, from 26 a couple of years ago.

Reply to
krw

Talking about coons..

Years ago, we had a pet rat coon.. Got him as a lost baby on the road side, had him declawed, shoots and all. Back then you could do that if you registered the animal. This was in Maine, now I don't think they allow it any more but, he was actually a very good pet. House broke, used to let him out on his own, always came back for the nigh turn in.

He acted just like any other household cat would.. I have no idea what ever happen to him, we had to move and my father gave him away to some one, but I am sure he lived a good life, how ever long that is.

I know he used to scare the hell out of company that didn't know about him. He like to hide behind the chair and come out when it was safe. We normally wouldn't even bother to tell any one new in the house that we had him, they usually found out the usual way :)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Oh, they would give a little 'sing' "cheep, cheep", when you startled them coming into a room. I was hoping the cats would take care of 'em. But after a few weeks, spent a weekend 'hunting' them all down (5 IIRC). I made a box hiddie-hole with door and scared them in. I broke only one yard stick, and that when the chipmunk came running up it, across my arm, and into the box.) Now, come spring and summer the cat door is set to out only.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

ndle him.

t. =A0Our

now,

Rascal is one of my favorite books.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

My parents used to have 2 cats. One was smart enough to open the one way door with his paw so he could get in & out. The other one didn't know. So whenever the smart one was opening the door, the dumb one pushed his head against the ass of the smart one so he also could get in. It was a funny sight :-)

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

hmm, I wouldn't know, I was never read novels when I was young, too busy working with wires and stuff and my father being a ocean fisherman, along with clam digging, taking care of farm animals and all. Not much time to rest for a book, what time I did find was used for hand me down electronic books and popular electronic mags for which I still have most of them packed away.

We did have TEE-VEEE though, B&W as it was. The first color set that appeared in our house was a repair job I did when I was 13. It was a RCA Victor chassis.. That particular design became most popular through out different brand names. One could almost use a single schematic to fix any of them. I then used to get mags that would have a schematic of a TV , each month.

I learn at a early age that doing repair jobs was not going to put me in the bread where I wanted to be so I continued my education to become something hirable. And I have done well over the years in the industrial arena.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

How long did it take you to get rid of the fleas?

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse