The Northeast US Needs our help

MrTallyman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

there used to be glaciers where the Great Lakes are now. Finger Lakes,too.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Good to know, I'll stop using those numbers. I can't find a good site for records with humidity ( unless I want to spend $99) Can I get away with 95* and 80% humidity? :-) Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Huh? I grew up in WV... that was the norm every summer afternoon at exactly 2PM... then it rained like hell for 15 minutes and steam rose up from the brick streets.

That's why I live in AZ :-)

...Jim Thompson

Dew points exceeding 80 F at official weather stations in hot humid areas of USA are not common. At 95 F, the dew point is 80 F when the humidity is around 62%. At 90 F with dew point of 80 F, the RH is about 71%.

Go ahead, during heat and humidity season, have a look at:

And at:

And at a water vapor pressure table.

Or, check the temperature and relative humidity of any city or zip code at weather.com or at accuweather.com. (My guess is that results not at a weather station are interpolated.) Check anyplace when you know they're stinking hot and humid.

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@misty.com)
Reply to