The Master Reading a Book

Just residual delusions that the "British Empire" still exists ;-)

Not that I should laugh... Obama is effectively neutering us to match :-(

...Jim Thompson

 Think things are bad now?  Wait until Obama "takes care" of you.

True, the correct pronunciation is 'sodderin' iron... ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

To annoy Americans?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

More like, sodderin' aern, as in "Hey bubba, you usin' 'at there sodderin' aern?"

Reply to
Geoff

I've never met a redneck who could solder. They preferred a cutting torch.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

I've heard a few 'knuckle draggers' call them 'slobberen arns'. They they would scream after picking up the wrong end.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"arn" is the correct pronunciation ;-)

I did that wrong-end stunt exactly once... taught me to always look up (from my OptiVisors) rather than just reaching blindly :-(

Amazing how fast one can react from the "ssssst" heard before the pain registers ;-) ...Jim Thompson

In message , Geoff writes

Only because some eejit designed the keyboard with the 'o' next to the 'i'!

--
Ian
Reply to

In message , Jim Thompson writes

Ah, that wonderful aroma of burning flesh!

--
Ian
Reply to

I also had TO-18 sized burns on my finger tips ;-) ...Jim Thompson

I was thinking "Discount bin already?"

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Opinions stated herein are the sole property of the author. Standard disclaimers apply. All rights reserved. No user serviceable components inside. Contents under pressure; do not incinerate. Always wear adequate eye protection. Do not mold, findle or sputilate.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Now that John Fields has posted his video of the 5uA movement meter, perhaps it's time to get a video of Jim reading his book. :-)

Or working SPICE. That'd be cooler, actually.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Think what you want.... the publisher has just knocked out an additional 1 Million copies.

From what I hear the publisher had already reached profitability in the first release... sold out before availability ;-) ...Jim Thompson

I'm doing process corner simulations for a chip due to release to layout on December 1.

Not much to see, looking at me.

If you have GoToMeeting, and wish to pay, you could see my other screens ;-) ...Jim Thompson

How about, "Jim shows us the tricks to making a 35mW, 3.3V, 1GHz GBW op-amp using commodity transistors like the BFS17. Then he changes over to TSMC BJTs to obtain 3GHz out of the same design..."

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Its classified.

Due to recent budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has
temporarily been turned off.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

What was the name of your #1 best seller?

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Think of it as just another tax break for the wealthy. :-)

True story: When the 9/11 Commission Report was published, our local bookstore had some of the overstock (high on the shelves) positioned right above the "fiction" sign. It's the bookstore right across from the university, so I never knew if it was a prank, or if the employees (mostly students) just didn't pay any attention...

Reply to
mpm

And left fingerprints in molten tin on the can.

Reply to
richard

No, it's bullshit. No #1 seller was ever classified.