Capacitor Array?

When they specify a capacitance for say a 4 element array of 56pF does this mean there are four 56pf caps or the total capacitance of the array is 56pf?

Reply to
Hammy

What's the context?

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I'm placing an order at dig key some of which is for an elliptic LPF.

I would like to use the arrays to make up the capacitors in the filter. The data sheets I've been looking at Digikey don't state if it's total array capacitance or each elements capacitance.

I'm searching under capacitor arrays at Digikey.Here is an example TDK data sheet.

I've alaways assumed it was specified for each element now I'm not sure.

Reply to
Hammy

Forgot here is where I'm searching

Under Capacitors ---> Arrays

Reply to
Hammy

It is amusing that in the above TDK data sheet, and the Panasoinc one at

they manage to avoid actually stating that the capacitance value is for each individual capacitor, but this does follow from the performance of the 'measurement circuit' in the Panasonic note. It's also rather likely in the case of the TDK part - in fact, much more likely than the given value being the sum of the individual values.

Why not ask Digikey?

Chris

Reply to
christofire

I have some of these on hand 0.1uf 4 element array.

I soldered one into a blank PCB and measured 428nf. So it is 4 elements times the specified value.

Reply to
Hammy

I don't see any advantage to using the array. I can see a disadvantage in that you may need longer leads to hook up the caps.

Reply to
miso

Hammy schrieb:

Hello,

for resistor arrays they usually specify the value of each single resistor, especially if those are independent resistors not connected together.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen