The future of displays?

eye

understood.

very

dangerous.

It's only that price because it's not mass produced. The actual tech has been in use for at least 2 decades. As for it being rejected by the market etc, the 'market' has never seen one. How many engineers do you know who have looked through a personal HUD? And I don't mean one of those ludicrous lo-res helmets. Let alone normal people who are supposedly doing the rejecting.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:09:03 +0100, John Woodgate Gave us:

I deliberately chose to use both an apostrophe and an "s" just to see how he critiques it. Like reasonable persons need this crap.

Reply to
NunYa Bidness

I read in sci.electronics.design that martin griffith wrote (in ) about 'More Greengrocers' apostrophes was Re: The future of displays?', on Fri, 23 Sep 2005:

Herself didn't invent comprehensives, that was the other lot, in the 60s IIRC. Mind you, the Conservatives didn't spend enough central government money on education in the post-WW2 years, but local governments in the south funded academic education pretty well, and I'm personally grateful for that.

John Woodgate

In sci.physics, John Woodgate

wrote on Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:29:32 +0100 :

Well, as far as haircare goes, this particular gentleman didn't see to worry too much about it, and look at his fame now... :-)

Even in his younger years his hair was getting away from him, though in this shot it's under control:

Perhaps had Philo T. Farnsworth invented the television 30 years earlier we'd have a very intelligent anchorman instead of a renowned physicist (and patent clerk) in our history books.... :-) but we'll never know now.

Followups to keep this unruly hair -- erm, thread -- from getting too out of control. ;-)

#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
It\'s still legal to go .sigless.
Reply to
The Ghost In The Machine

What universe do you live in? There are ads in the local newspaper every week for 12 volt powered portable TVs. SUVs come with DVD players built in, and some have video input to watch TV.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:24:09 +0100, Dirk Bruere at Neopax Gave us:

Both are wrong. The map display in modern cars is in full view of the vehicle operator.

It is up to the operator of a vehicle to ensure that control of the vehicle is maintained at all times in which the vehicle is in motion.

Nothing circumvents that responsibility. Ther are also in dash DVD players that pop up a screen at power up.

Reply to
NunYa Bidness

On a sunny day (Fri, 23 Sep 2005 23:22:50 +0100) it happened Dirk Bruere at Neopax wrote in : ..

Hi, well they are here, lemme see if I can find back the link from last week: Well, cannot find it, (was around 1000$) but like this you will like:

Users ideas...

Source (look up other stuff they do too):

Ah found it:

999$

Just saw in half for one eye perhaps .. :-) When price comes down I will try.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Never heard of sarcasm eh?

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

The device I used 15yrs ago was about as big as my thumb with the nail placed in front of my eye. There was no bulky headset.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Of course, but there is so much of it around here that its become quite pointless.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On a sunny day (Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:37:45 +0100) it happened Dirk Bruere at Neopax wrote in :

in

Was that in color? And was it >= 800x600?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

'Autymn' is borg.

Or a very angry bulldyke wannabe.

Reply to
Pig Bladder

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ROFLMAOPIMP!!!!!

Sheez, what a maroon!

YOU WILL BOW DOWN BEFORE ME, YOU WORM!!!! AARRRR!!! ARRRRR!!!

The lame leading the stupid.

Hehehehehe.

Love, Rich

Reply to
Pig Bladder

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:34:15 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote: ...

Hey, Jan, do you suppose you could figure out a way to insert, say, a blank line, to separate your respons from whatever you're responding to?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Michael, you don't pay attention to threads too good, do you? It must be that cerebral ossification - same affliction as - well, you know who the victims of cerebral ossification are - my point being, that I made a sarcastic comment about head-up displays being as prolific as cell phones, speculating that someone in the head-up display business might actually _think_ about the consequences of someone using their product while driving, i.e., mayhem; I stated that AFAIK, it's illegal for the driver of a car to watch TV while driving, then Dirk rejoindered with, "So, that's why portable TVs are illegal?"

Touche'.

You need to let some of the calcite loose from your brain, so you can have a little flexibility here. Some of us, when we say insanely stupid stuff, are actually, JOKING!!!!!

Get a sense of humor.

But don't lighten up on you-know-who - he needs a prod in the [side] from time to time, to keep him on his toes. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich, Under the Affluence

Relative to what?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich, Under the Affluence

in

No. It was mono at IIRC 720x320 or something like that. One of the old wierd VGA standards. I think it used LEDs

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 19:03:49 +0100, Dirk Bruere at Neopax Gave us:

in

More likely "hercules" at 720 x 480. Neither rate is among the vga spec, however. So it must be hercules.

Reply to
NunYa Bidness

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 01:43:14 +0100, Dirk Bruere at Neopax Gave us:

placed in

Oh yeah! I still have a bare tube that I used for two years on my

286! 12" dia., cardboard "frame", and a simple 12 volt power requisite. It still works in any PC that has an ISA slot in it.

It was used for CAD apps in the early days on VAX/VMS stations.

Very hi res as it was vector scanned IIRC. My little mono video/serial port card was all it took!

720 x 480 was very high res back then. The drawback was that it was monochrome! Darn!

I developed database apps with that box. Not many CAD apps for low budget dudes back then for DOS. Computers are cool.

Reply to
NunYa Bidness

placed in

That's it. Quite hires for the time.