Mounting LCD Displays

HI

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how to mount an LCD nicely in a diecast case? Are there ones designed for panel mounting? I have trouble cutting a perfectly rectangular hole to fit it and make it look ok..

Regards

AJ

Reply to
AJ

Bezels If you're talking about 3 1/2 to 6 digit displays such as in a multimeter, then RS Components has a bezel from Bulgin.

represents Falcon, who have a range of LCDs with bezels in a DIN format. The displays are 16x1, 16x2, and various multidigit. Probably expensive too, but a phone call should sort that out.

PRD Plastics have a range of LCD bezels as well. You can purchase them using a credit card from Digikey in the US.

For an alternative mount, why not use 2.5mm screws and 2.5mm thread spacers, and mount the display from the rear of the case. Or even use a small right angle bracket to mount the display to the base of the enclosure. Then you won't have the unsightly screws marring the finish of the front panel.

Reply to
dmm

Thanks mate, that's exactly what I am looking for, I knew they must have had them somewhere!

Regards,

AJ

Reply to
AJ

multimeter,

You

I have also seen products which have the screen attached to the panel using some very sticky double sided tape. The tape is black coloured, not sure what its called, but its that sticky i cant remove the screen without a screwdriver and some effort.

Ross

Reply to
Ross Marchant

You're welcome.