Driving Mobile Phone LCD displays ?

Are there some resources on this subject ?

I just want to use a (ARM) microcontroller to drive (TFT) displays used in mobile phones .

I am looking for information, and sites that sell the displays.

Johan

Reply to
Sagaert Johan

As Leon mentions, Sparkfun sell the 7610 Nokia model & I believe a carrier board as well. If you buy the 7610 etc. LCD from elsewhere (on ebay for example), be aware that the controller IC may be different. The one at Sparkfun uses the Epson S1D15G00 controller, however over time the display has changed and the one that I last purchased on ebay (for £10 +p&p), uses the Philips PCF8833 controller. They are not the same and your software will need changing. Just to bear in mind :-)

Jim

Jim

Just found an interresting site here :

they seem to provide a complete board with an AVR on it.

question : do you have any idea if some of these controllers understand some higher level commands ? draw line ,fill box ,etc ..

Johan

in

will

Reply to
Sagaert Johan

OOps I meant 7210 not 7610... No, no line commands, but you draw a pixel and go from there yourself. They do have some nice screen scroll commands and various partial display settings etc.

Jim

Jim