Nuclear subs collide

British and French submarines collide somewhere in the Atlantic.

Mike

Reply to
amdx

"Unthinkable"?

Clever... ;)

JF
Reply to
John Fields

I'm sorry, is the Sun an exagerated British version of the US's National Inquirer? Mike :-)

Reply to
amdx

John Fields wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hey,two LEO satellites collided in orbit the other day....

some deaf or napping sonarmen,on both subs,or crappy sonar;they should have heard each other well before they collided. No sub is that quiet.

maybe it's some weird celestial alignment....... 8-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Here's their major contribution to journalism:

Spehro Pefhany

And I saw an SUV rear-end a car in the snow! Something weird is going on here.

John

Long live major journalism contributions.

Katie's slideshow is...well.. she's very curvaceous. Mike

Reply to
amdx

sensible comments here

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

The answer is on page 3.

(Hint: wikipedia on "Page Three Girls").

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

Problem is: How do you keep a bunch of objects from colliding yet their positions cannot be used for offense? It's kinda like driving at night on a highway with no lights and all the cars are painted black with no lights..

I propose starting an atomic sub lottery.. I bet $20.00 a US and Russian sub will collide next..

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

.

ve

Many subs are that quiet.

Reply to
Richard Henry

D from BC wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Nah,our subs hear better than the Russkis. And out sonar crews aren't asleep on the job.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I got some insight on subs from local contractor. Everyones trying to outdo the other. They are always installing new equipment. All kinds of neat stuff. I had just toured the plant and rememberd sitting at lunch talking to some girls about the company, as one of our associates and lunch partner was doing mechanical contracting for them. It was a little awkward talking subs to two English and one Russian girl ,as I was thinking in the back of my mind, and I didn't want to come out and say how good our subs were.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Done already.

Richard Henry

I mean bet money on it happening again in the future.

clipped ' March 20, 1993: USS Grayling Grayling (SSN-646) collided with a Russian Delta III missile sub in the Barents Sea. No one was hurt but President Clinton was furious that the navy was still taking such risks.'

I have an idea to include submarine collisions in that game.. :)

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

French Sub Commander: "Now go away or I shall bump you a second time."

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Some people are like Slinkies; they serve no specific purpose, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

D from BC wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

it may be because one sub was closely trailing #2 sub,and #2 sub decided to "clear the baffles",not knowing #1 sub was close behind. "clearing the baffles" is where a sub does a sudden 360 degree turn so it's bow sonar can scan it's rear. the "crazy Ivan" turn was mentioned in a Clancy novel.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

"Hunt for Red October" ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

In article ,=20 snipped-for-privacy@abuse.gov says...>=20

tic.

to=20

's=20

That would have to be a sudden 360 degree turn for the boat's bow=20 sonar to scan it's rear. ;-) Would kinda tangle up the towed=20 array, though.=20

That wasn't a 360 (it was also a novel).

Reply to
krw

nch submarines collide somewhere in the Atlantic.

nal

No, the "Sun" is a regular newpaper, if owned by Murdoch and aimed at the dumbest fraction of the U.K. population. It's famous for its page

3 girls, who don't seem to be able to afford much in the way of a wardrobe, and its sensationalist reporting, designed to appeal to people who dont want to have to think.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman