[CM] the Raspberry Pi Windows Thin Client

Title: Ah, the Raspberry Pi 3. So much love. So much power ... So turn it into a Windows thin client
Author: Andrew Orlowski
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:34:31 -0500
Link:

NComputing packages up ARM PC into RX300 box
Using the Raspberry Pi 3 as a Windows thin client is not a new idea[1], but
NComputing has wrapped it all up in a nice package for its target markets of
schools and verticals.?
Links:
[1]:
(link)
--
Posting to comp.misc, sci.misc, and misc.news.internet.discuss
Reply to
RS Wood
into a Windows thin client
ut
of
Produced by the same person who {cough}designed{cough} the infamous E-Machi nes, so good luck with that.
--
W J G
Reply to
Folderol
There are a number of Pi-based solutions in this space, both free and commercial.
--
Andrew Gabriel
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
I'd look into them, but I don't need a Win Thin Client myself.
I did just set up a little Raspi with Raspbian (Wheezy I think) and Leafnode, and it makes a nice little news spool. Amazing i was previously using much more serious hardware to do the same thing. That computer kicked the bucket last night (sniff sniff) so I hooked up the Raspberry and was surprised by just how well it performed the same tasks, at a fraction of the power draw.
This little boxes are so much fun.
Reply to
RS Wood
For quite a while mine was running leafnode, yate (SIP PBX), outgoing mail, DNS and NTP for my network and was idling most of the time, then I moved everything onto my router or jails on my file server making it redundant.
C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ahem A Rivet's Shot
How did you handle outgoing mail? Like postfix collecting a mail spool from local boxes and batching them over SMTP to your ISP, or something like that?
Reply to
RS Wood
Just exim listening for connections from internal machines and pushing the mail to my ISP (at one stage it was sending mail directly but these days that tends to get blocked). Doing it this way means I don't have to reconfigure everything when I change ISPs.