Texas Power Grid Tops 80,000MW!

This is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE amount, greater than New York and California combined!

Fred Bloggs

"To reduce demand, many Texans turned up the thermostat by a few degrees to help save power, and ERCOT’s emergency response program paid some large energy customers to scale back usage during peak times. And significantly, solar power, which has been the star of the Texas grid so far during this interminable summer, continued to set records for energy production."

The Ayn Rand Institute is probably throwing a fit over it, better the whole grid collapse than an American ever turn up their thermostat a single degree during summer, or utilize a single watt of solar energy.

If the options are to do any of that vs shoot your children and yourself in your underground bugout bunker for the good of the Volk, then sacrifices must be made. Gun them all down today before you find out they've been hanging out at the solar farm and caught a case of the gays there.

bitrex

It starts with Texas Power Grid on the Edge of Breaking

It was hot in Texas that day. Lots of people in California don't have a/c.

Houston has 99% of homes with a/c. I don't know anyone with a/c around here. It's cold outside... we have the heat on.

Reply to
jlarkin

Air-conditioning can work both ways - I've been using ours to warm up the apartment for the past week or so (because it is mid-winter here, and wet with it). When the temperature differential is small, a heat pump delivers a lot more heat than the electrical power it consumes.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman