DIY 1KW grid tie?

Assuming I had a 1KW isolation transformer, and a hypothetical inverter that was programmable and synchronizable, could one drive about a KW into one leg of the 120? Do the grid tie inverters adjust amplitude on every half cycle? Are all grid tie inverters sine wave output? Or can they adjust the width of the 140V pulse to make the power per half cycle greater than what was on the grid that half cycle?

Reply to
BobG

OK, here's a similar question.... if I look in a 500W modified square wave inverter, do I see a hi freq 12V chopper, a hi freq 500W transformer, and two 200V half bridges? Is there any sort of amplitude or pulse width regulation at all, or is it just a big dumb NE555?

Reply to
BobG

** I see a quite remarkable similarity between this question and the previous one you posed.

The same old Google Groper stupidity.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

========================= What a memory! I suppose you know exactly what the internal topology of msw inverters is, but you want to make me look stupid and you smart, so if I fly off the handle and tell you to get stuffed, you'll come back with some apoplectic stream of cursing like a sailor with Tourettes.... so Mr Smarty Phil, do msw inverters have regulation in them, or do you just want to keep all your info to yourself?

Reply to
BobG

If you want to make your meter run backwards, you will have to clear it with the power company. They have all the answers as to synchronization, load sharing, phasing, and all that sort of stuff.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hi Rich. I'd be happy with it running a little slower. I have this small system I've set up in case we get another big wind and a power outage again here in Cen Fla. My curiousity about the technical aspects is sort of academic... seems like if I can pull 10 amps out of one leg of the 240, I could push 10 amps back in, and who would know? Isn't it better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission?

Reply to
BobG

"BobGoogle " news: snipped-for-privacy@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...

** Go ahead - make my day .......

Google Fuckwit !

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

=================================== I saw that movie... Dirty Harry, right? Hey Phil... know anything about electronics? want to help me with my project or you just want to slobber all over the keyboard?

Reply to
BobG

"BobGoogle "

** Go ahead, Bob - make my day .......

Post your wacky Q over on "sci.electronics.design ".

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

If you kill someone who's working on a "disconnected" circuit (but you're feeding power into it) you may find forgiveness hard to come by.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Thanks for the cautionary warning Jasen. It is duely noted. Now do you have any technical info on how to modulate the inverter output to send about 10 amps back up the wire? Does it need to sense and adjust every half cycle or many times per half cycle?

Reply to
BobG

** LMFAO.

This GG LUNATIC is a fair dinkum, bloody SCREAM !!!

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

================================================= Now Phil, try not to get all worked up. You might get an aneurism and God Forbid not be able to type anymore. It would be a true loss to the engineers on usenet to not be able to be insulted by a savant such as yourself. By the way, is your curriculum vitae available online? I'd like to see if you have really done anything world class in your life besides win the Aspberger's Trophy for most obnoxious personality on the entire Australian continent.

Reply to
BobG

** LMAO !

This Google Groper LUNATIC is a fair dinkum, bloody SCREAM !!!

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

=============================== Go Phil! Post it again once more for all to see! The pride of the Southern Hemisphere!

Reply to
BobG

"BobGoogle "

** Go ahead, Bob - make my day .......

Post your wacky Q over on "sci.electronics.design ".

Maybe one of the resident rocket scientists will give you enough half baked info to electrocute yourself.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

============================== What a pleasant friendly thought you've extended from down under. I can imagine how your coworkers look forward to your pleasant repartie everyday. "Here comes old PottyMouth Phil! Hey Phil! You wished any Yanks to be electrocuted today? We need more blokes like you to make the world love us! Keep it up!"

Reply to
BobG

Not electronically.

but there is this thing where you drive an induction motor at slightly faster than the internal magnetic field moves at (normally they run slightly slow) and it pumps energy back into the power line. I forget what it's called.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Phil has nothing on Rod Speed.

Not That I'm particularly proud of either.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

============================= Slip? Its caused by ELI the ICE man. But there aint no induction motor in a cheap msw inverter! Just a chopper to step the voltage up from 12 to 140 and an h-bridge. The fancy grid ties need to sniff the v and/or i going in and out to stay in sync... somehow..... I bet Phil knows... but he aint sayin!

Reply to
BobG