Tesla v jet

Musk is still greatly admired by many ignorant liberals and Democrats who don't know any better, I'd say they likely make up the bulk of his fan base at this time.

And if there's a somewhat reliable method to maintaining long-term popularity as a big celebrity in America one of the things that's required to do is about every decade, do an inventory of who your biggest fans and long-term supporters are. People who've stood with you for years.

And take a big steaming shit on them, lol...

Reply to
bitrex

So if you put all 535 of the AIs elected to Congress together you'd have almost one unit of what is now a thing called "AI"

Reply to
bitrex

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote: ================

** So JL is a "short arse" is he ?

Explains a lot.....

" Short people got no reason to live.... "

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

5' 7.5", not especially short.

But Sloman has never met me. He applied for a job but we turned him down. He hasn't been friendly since.

If you send me your resume, I can turn you down too.

John Larkin wrote: ==============

** Spent two years working for an electronics business run by Scientologists.

The job interview lasted barely 2 minutes. That the boss and other staff were all disciples of L. Ron Hubbard was not revealed to me. I left with no warning to start working for myself, never looked back. Reckon I can handle any damn thing after that.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

LOL. That's pretty funny actually. What sort of stuff were they building? How did the Scientology aspect impact the work? Did they not believe in specifications, budgets, schedules?

Reply to
Ricky

Solar-powered flashlight. Wooden fireplace. Helicopter with an ejection seat. Screen door in a submarine, to keep the fish out.

Reply to
bitrex

Ricky wrote: ===========

** Scientologists are a scream, biggest narcissists on the planet.

** So called " high end " home hi-fi - real audiophool stuff.

Power amplifiers with a mix of tubes and lateral mosfets, all tube preamps and a hi-fi AM tuner were in development at the time. The boss also did a regular trade in "modifications" to existing gear for the congenitally gullible. Total scam. Scientology headquarters for Sydney was just up the road so I got to meet the * grand pohbah* a couple of few times when he dropped in. Bit of a Tom Cruise type.

My job however was to do honest repair work on guitar amps and other musical electronics plus the odd bit of hi-fi. Even office girls ( who came and went) were all from the Church.

** It created a sense that being inherently superior to regular humans meant they could do impossible things. Also that non Scientologists or "wogs" were ripe to be exploited Scientology is a cult you know.
** Scientologists simply do not believe in facts. But still have enough rat cunning to survive quite well.

The business was known as " Allen Wright Electronics " and still exist in an evolved form. My boss was Allen himself.

I got treated fairly well, at least no-one called me a "wog" to my face. Scientology itself was never discussed with me. But any good ideas I had were stolen so Allen could pretend they were his. Which is why I left without giving notice one Friday arvo. Back in 1982.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

But small enough to be senisitive about it. My father wasn't any shorter, but he did have the revealing habit of calling any male shorter than himself "a nice little man".

He was complaining about needing more engineering talent, and I suggest that he could subcontract some work to me.

He promptly told Jim Thompson about it, who immediately gloated here about how he'd stopped John Larkin from making the error of taking me on.

I wasn't all that happy about this and I don't think that anybody with any sense would think that he'd behaved well. It's not the kind of behavior you forget.

If Phil larded it with enough flattery, John Larkin might change his mind. Phil wouldn't be silly enough to do that.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

I would not think 5' 7" was short at all really. But it's clearly perceived as short by someone who would say they are 5' 7.5".

Reply to
Ricky