TRIAC Driver

All,

I have a question regarding the zero-cross TRIAC driver by Sharp, part number: PC3SH21YFZBF

Will the TRIAC driver trigger at any time the voltage across its terminals is less than Vox and the required level of Ift is present?

Thank you, Rob

Reply to
Rob

Phil Allison = Cunt Head

Reply to
Straw Man

Winner of the John Howard Award for Ambassador Of GoodWill From Down Under. Makes folks feel good the world over. Hey Phil... got anything nice to say about good old Mohammed? That should stir up the puddin a little.

Reply to
BobG

"Bob Gratuitous Insult "

** When you next accidentally stand on a garden slug and get your foot covered in that sticky slime that oozes out ...

... think of Bob G.

A fat, horrible slug - full of puke.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

A zero crossing triac will indeed trigger conduction only when the Voltage across the device is near zero and you supply the V and I for the gate. This is nice for resistive loads, as voltage and current are in phase. for inductive loads, like relays motors, solenoids, etc, the voltage and current are not in phase and thats when the 'fun' starts!

Marc

Best regards and happy designing

marc

link to actual mixer site

amazing antennas

video instructions antenna VOIP adapter

BS benevolent Stuff for engineers

Reply to
LVMarc

Marc,

I'm trying to define "Near Zero" based on the data sheet. The Sharp device calls out a Vox (zero-cross voltage), which I believe is also equivalent to what some vendors call out as the inhibit voltage, V(IH). I'm wondering if this spec is the device's range around zero which the driver can trigger.

My load is resistive, which makes things easier. Yes, an inductive load does get tricky due to the V and I phase shift--false triggers or the TRIAC never turning off becomes a big concern with inductive loads.

Thank you for the resp>> All,

Rob