TFT driver

Hi, do you know any low cost lcd tft driver? I'm thinking also in a integrated solution (MCU with integrated lcd driver). What do you think? I'm searching a low cost and low power solution...Any suggestion? Thanks

Reply to
silusilusilu

It would be useful to know what resolution you're looking for, and whether colour or monochrome etc..

However about 4 years ago the team I was working in were using a Seiko Epson S1D13705 (see:

on a handheld device that needed minimal power consumption, and very low cost. It's not an integrated solution, but we used a TI TMS320C6711 DSP to drive it and the porting of the HAL was relatively simple, as was writing the code to drive it.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
John McCabe

(see:

Thanks for the infos...I should use a colour 320x240 display....Do you think is it possible to use an 8bit microprocessor with S1D13705 for this display or it is impossible? Thanks in advance

Reply to
silusilusilu

(see:

Yes, it is possible. There's an application note on how to do it here:

John McCabe

(see:

Yes, it is possible. There's an application note on how to do it here:

John McCabe

Thanks for the help... do you kow if there is an arm7 with the tft controller integrated?I've found only arm9 with integrated tft and nothing with arm7...So, i'm undecided between your solution and an arm7 integrated solution (that i haven't found)... thanks

Reply to
silusilusilu

NXP do the LH79520 (or LH79524 or LH79525).

You will need external flash, and probably external RAM too.

--

John Devereux
Reply to