Tesla ~Musk

the biggest game changer over the next decade,? said Ross Gerber, c hief executive at the Gerber Kawasaki investment management firm in Santa M onica and a longtime Tesla bull. ?There is no chance they will go b ankrupt.?

the current stock should be less than $100.

trailers is partly to blame for Tesla?s delivery woes. And in typic al Musk fashion, the answer is for Tesla to build its own trailers."

ah

ge

know there is no shortage of equipment to haul cars to railroad depots for delivery. This is a fabrication.

I don't know what you are talking about. Car delivery is not a new science . What exactly is your question or your point???

BTW, they don't have dealers in *any* Podunktowns. Look around, to buy a T esla you have to go to the big city.

kely sell that many model 3s in 2019 if the company is still solvent. I do n't know why you even try to compare the two. The Bolt is tied to home bec ause of the lack of a fast charging ability, so only a commuter car. Usefu l, yes, a large seller, never.

What's your point??? I'm not sure what you are trying to say. The Bolt wi ll never be a big seller until they deal with the charging issue. Are you suggesting the Teslas are the enemy and the Bolt is a defense?

Volts aren't in the same class as the Teslas. People buy Volts to use less gasoline and lower carbon emissions, much the same as buying any econobox. People buy a Tesla because they are great cars and use *no* gasoline. En d of discussion.

a had decided to seek another round of equity financing six months ago and Elon had not opened his mouth about going private, the stock would be very high right now and they would be able to bring in billions of new funds ass uring their survival for a few more years. Now they have cash to last a ye ar perhaps. They have payments of over a billion dollars they may have to pay out. If they do and they don't raise more funding, they won't last.

Musk has caused some problems. If he were anyone other than Musk he might be gone now. But Musk and Tesla are nearly synonymous. My concern is not that they will replace him, but that they will replace him with someone who doesn't have the same type of vision... like a GM executive. Then Tesla w ould be a firesale.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

the

r, chief

they

.

trailers is

sk

eah

s a

age

ery

The Bolt

ar

Great, but nothing to do with Tesla sales. Tesla literally can't deliver f ast enough to supply demand. I can buy a Bolt off the lot... at a discoun t...

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

On Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 1:07:04 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com w rote:

he biggest game changer over the next decade,? said Ross Gerber, ch ief executive at the Gerber Kawasaki investment management firm in Santa Mo nica and a longtime Tesla bull. ?There is no chance they will go ba nkrupt.?

the current stock should be less than $100.

ing an officer or director of a public company."

erts-weigh-in-2018-9

That's a decision to be made *by* the shareholders. Are you a shareholder? If not your opinion doesn't matter.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

On Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 1:28:26 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com w rote:

the biggest game changer over the next decade,? said Ross Gerber, chief executive at the Gerber Kawasaki investment management firm in Santa Monica and a longtime Tesla bull. ?There is no chance they will go bankrupt.?

, the current stock should be less than $100.

being an officer or director of a public company."

xperts-weigh-in-2018-9

me and he only got a fine. They may do that with Musk or who knows, he may get off. I read something about how the norms with the Saudis is verbal a greements, so the usual requirement for paper and a fixed price may not sta nd up in court.

than 50% of their worth. Any manager considering such deal should be fire d (probably in squad)

No one said the Saudis would be buying the whole company. Heck they alrea dy own 5%.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

the biggest game changer over the next decade,? said Ross Gerber, chief executive at the Gerber Kawasaki investment management firm in Santa Monica and a longtime Tesla bull. ?There is no chance they will go bankrupt.?

, the current stock should be less than $100.

being an officer or director of a public company."

xperts-weigh-in-2018-9

r? If not your opinion doesn't matter.

Not yet. Just looking to put my AMD's profit (32 - 8) somewhere. I would buy Tesla 2.0 though. Many news commentators are not shareholders.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

is the biggest game changer over the next decade,? said Ross Gerber , chief executive at the Gerber Kawasaki investment management firm in Sant a Monica and a longtime Tesla bull. ?There is no chance they will g o bankrupt.?

So, the current stock should be less than $100.

m being an officer or director of a public company."

-experts-weigh-in-2018-9

heme and he only got a fine. They may do that with Musk or who knows, he m ay get off. I read something about how the norms with the Saudis is verbal agreements, so the usual requirement for paper and a fixed price may not s tand up in court.

re than 50% of their worth. Any manager considering such deal should be fi red (probably in squad)

eady own 5%.

Then how are they going to take it private? At a minimum, they have to rep ay bonds.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Well, Tesla seems to be hitting their targets with Elon in place, why would it make sense for him to leave? The case the SEC is making is ... screwy. So, they don't like Elon's mannerisms and quirks, and call that a 'violation' of some sort.

The thing is, he communicated unclearly and used normal language (which is ambiguous) and there's a theory that this was a kind of stock price/market manipulation. Maybe it was just a jarringly informal bit of speaking about possible futures.

SEC isn't a court of law, just another voice in the crowd.

Reply to
whit3rd

On Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 1:54:09 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com w rote:

t is the biggest game changer over the next decade,? said Ross Gerb er, chief executive at the Gerber Kawasaki investment management firm in Sa nta Monica and a longtime Tesla bull. ?There is no chance they will go bankrupt.?

So, the current stock should be less than $100.

rom being an officer or director of a public company."

scheme and he only got a fine. They may do that with Musk or who knows, he may get off. I read something about how the norms with the Saudis is verb al agreements, so the usual requirement for paper and a fixed price may not stand up in court.

more than 50% of their worth. Any manager considering such deal should be fired (probably in squad)

lready own 5%.

epay bonds.

Yes, someone has to pay but the Saudis wouldn't have needed to shoulder the entire company themselves. Private does not mean there aren't shareholder s, only the ones who don't want the company to be private would have to be bought out. Private simply means it isn't publicly traded making it harder to trade. Often you can only sell to the company at a price the company s ets which is usually the same price you paid and even this is with company approval.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

uct is the biggest game changer over the next decade,? said Ross Ge rber, chief executive at the Gerber Kawasaki investment management firm in Santa Monica and a longtime Tesla bull. ?There is no chance they wi ll go bankrupt.?

s. So, the current stock should be less than $100.

from being an officer or director of a public company."

g scheme and he only got a fine. They may do that with Musk or who knows, he may get off. I read something about how the norms with the Saudis is ve rbal agreements, so the usual requirement for paper and a fixed price may n ot stand up in court.

h more than 50% of their worth. Any manager considering such deal should b e fired (probably in squad)

already own 5%.

repay bonds.

he entire company themselves. Private does not mean there aren't sharehold ers, only the ones who don't want the company to be private would have to b e bought out. Private simply means it isn't publicly traded making it hard er to trade. Often you can only sell to the company at a price the company sets which is usually the same price you paid and even this is with compan y approval.

We all know that many investors and funds cannot hold in private companies. Perhaps the (verbal) deal they have is not to pull out the 5%. As far as security laws are concerned, that is not even 5% secured funding. People who don't even understand this may not be qualified as BOD or CEO.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I'm not sure Americans themselves are committed to buying BEV sedans in large numbers at the moment either, SUVs and trucks (or at least crossovers) are what people are buying. probably 40% of the car-buying population thinks they're just straight-up gay.

The Volt will probably end its run as a pedestrian-looking crossover. Disappointing to me, but even so it'll probably sell better as that late in its life.

The quantities are probably available, sure, but at an (unattractive) higher price. There aren't endless suppliers of e.g. cobalt in the world such that you can just next your current supplier and go find another on the free market if you don't like them or how they run their business, like three companies provide 90% of the world's supply much of it from places in Africa which are difficult.

Reply to
bitrex

ing an officer or director of a public company."

erts-weigh-in-2018-9

ld it make sense

don't like Elon's

A "'violation' of some sort"??? It is pretty clear that if he didn't meet the requirements for making the announcement he did (such as having a lette r of intent signed with a price at a minimum) he violated securities law. I don't know all the facts, but it sure looks to me like he was trying to d rive the shorts nuts.

s ambiguous)

ion. Maybe it

Hardly. While the SEC isn't a court, they are an enforcement arm who can a nd have brought charges against Musk and Tesla. I think the "communicated unclearly" part is nonsense. He said what he said and being a CEO there ar e rules about what he can say. Musk has a history of speaking too far off the cuff and this time it has landed him in big trouble along with Tesla. The SEC is only part of it. There are lawsuits galore about this as well. Big money is involved, big, BIG money.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Ummm- you were saying:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 4:38:49 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com w rote:

oduct is the biggest game changer over the next decade,? said Ross Gerber, chief executive at the Gerber Kawasaki investment management firm i n Santa Monica and a longtime Tesla bull. ?There is no chance they will go bankrupt.?

.

nds. So, the current stock should be less than $100.

.

sk from being an officer or director of a public company."

ing scheme and he only got a fine. They may do that with Musk or who knows , he may get off. I read something about how the norms with the Saudis is verbal agreements, so the usual requirement for paper and a fixed price may not stand up in court.

ith more than 50% of their worth. Any manager considering such deal should be fired (probably in squad)

ey already own 5%.

to repay bonds.

the entire company themselves. Private does not mean there aren't shareho lders, only the ones who don't want the company to be private would have to be bought out. Private simply means it isn't publicly traded making it ha rder to trade. Often you can only sell to the company at a price the compa ny sets which is usually the same price you paid and even this is with comp any approval.

s. Perhaps the (verbal) deal they have is not to pull out the 5%. As far as security laws are concerned, that is not even 5% secured funding. Peopl e who don't even understand this may not be qualified as BOD or CEO.

Well, it's over nearly as soon as it started. Musk and the SEC have settle d and he retains his position as CEO. He does have to retire from chair of the board for three years and two new board members must be appointed.

I expect Monday we will see a large uptick in the stock price...

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

If there\s an extreme shortage, lead time.

--
     ?
Reply to

Yeah, he didn't leave. The 'settlement' means the suit was dropped. He's still CEO at Tesla, there's other things that change.

Reply to
whit3rd

Next step is for the BOD to fire him out of his CEO job. Tesla Motors' days are numbered now that the big boys, with real expertise in profit making mass production, are taking the market seriously.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

hy would it make sense

they don't like Elon's

He's still CEO at Tesla,

ys are numbered now that the big boys, with real expertise in profit making mass production, are taking the market seriously.

LOL! Tesla has a five year lead (at least) over the "big boys". The quest ion is not can Tesla stay ahead of the "big boys". The only question is ca n Tesla stay solvent without diluting the equity.

Now that the SEC crisis is over the stock will rebound and next month it wi ll get a bigger boost from the quarterly report. Tesla doesn't need to bea t Musk's predictions. Like every other company they need to beat the analy sts' projections.

Personally I see the Superchargers as being the enabler for BEV becoming ma instream. They need to continue to expand the installed base and work towa rd chargers with faster charging rates which are already on the drawing boa rds. They can already do 300+ MPH charging rates. If they get that to 500 MPH a charging stop won't even take as long as a lunch break. When the ch argers are much closer together there won't be a reason for range anxiety.

I expect by 2025 the charging networks will be widespread enough that peopl e won't give a second thought to the charging issue. Tesla can easily be l eading the way to that point.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

is the

ber, chief

ce they

ds.

er trailers is

Musk

ost

(yeah

of

as a

erage

ld

ts

on

very

? The Bolt

car

fast enough to supply demand. I can buy a Bolt off the lot... at a disco unt...

This page talks about "Huge Markdowns on Chevrolet Bolt EV this Month". So I wanted to see what they were talking about and asked for contacts with d ealers in my area. They connected me with three dealers and I only heard b ack from two. One said they didn't even carry the Bolt. The other can't b e reached at any of three phone numbers. So GM is 0 for 3.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Auto transport trailers are so 20th century. There are now better ways to deliver a car:

"Hyundai Launches The World's First Car Delivery Service By Drone" Ummm... check the date on the above article before you invest.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

why would it make sense

o, they don't like Elon's

He's still CEO at Tesla,

[...]

Sounds like you have a vested interest in the company. You might consider s elling now, they're running on borrowed time and money and it's only a matt er of time before they crash. The only people boosting the company are fina ncial investor types, and they don't know jack shit about the industry. Tes la never could deliver on their low end model, which they're selling below cost, and it's full of defects. They had a five year lead and they blew it. This is a story that has played out many times in the past. I'm beginning to believe big auto destroys these "disruptors" through internal sabotage, lots of little nobody sneaky people doing lots of little bits of damage.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred