Telephone handset amplifier

Hi, I have to build a telephone handset amplifier which has to amplify both the speaker on the ear (incoming sound) and the mic (outgoing voice). It has to be powered by 3xAA/AAA batteries or 1x9V battery.

Can you please suggest me a tested scheme?

Rgeards.

Reply to
SBS

SBS (no.spam@me) ha scritto:

:: Hi, I have to build a telephone handset amplifier :: which has to amplify both the speaker on the ear :: (incoming sound) and the mic (outgoing voice). :: It has to be powered by 3xAA/AAA batteries :: or 1x9V battery. :: :: Can you please suggest me a tested scheme?

Any idea?

Is the group only populated by spammers?

Reply to
SBS

No, sometimes we get students who want someone else to do their homework problems for them mixed in with the spammers. For their own good, we tend to let them do their own homework, as they will never learn if they let someone else do it (and it irks those of us who did our own homework).

If you want a tested off the shelf design, go buy it off the shelf - providing income to the person who designed and tested it.

If you want to design it and have it be tested, design it, and then test it.

Ecnerwal

SBS wrote:

Ecnerwal wrote:

I was thinking about linking to Froogle. I like your response better.

Reply to
JeffM

Ecnerwal ( snipped-for-privacy@SOuthernVERmont.NyET) ha scritto:

::::: Can you please suggest me a tested scheme?

::: Any idea? ::: ::: Is the group only populated by spammers?

:: If you want a tested off the shelf design, go buy it off the shelf - :: providing income to the person who designed and tested it. :: :: If you want to design it and have it be tested, design it, and then :: test it.

This is not an homework and I have no money and no time to waste making tests. I need a telephone handset amplifier scheme and that is what I really need. Please no rude or stupid answers, no jokes and no spam, thanks.

Reply to
SBS

"SBS"

** Really - what fascist pig is making you do that ?
** So you get a choice on that ?

** Handset amplifiers for the incoming voice are readily available at low cost.

There is a good reason why they do not amplify the mic signal.

Cos damn thing breaks into a loud, acoustic feedback squeal if you try.

Get real - you dago f*****ad.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Phil Allison ( snipped-for-privacy@tpg.com.au) ha scritto:

:: ** Handset amplifiers for the incoming voice are :: readily available at low cost. :: :: There is a good reason why they do not amplify the :: mic signal. :: :: Cos damn thing breaks into a loud, acoustic feedback :: squeal if you try.

I need to build a device such as this because I have connect an headset (mic + headphone) to the telephone, but the sound level is too low and I can't understand any words... My old parents too.

This evening I have made some tests and maybe the mic doesn't need any gain.

Reply to
SBS

Phil Allison ( snipped-for-privacy@tpg.com.au) ha scritto:

:: There is a good reason why they do not amplify the mic signal. :: :: Cos damn thing breaks into a loud, acoustic feedback squeal if you try.

Sorry, I forgot to thank you.

Reply to
SBS

No, Sci.electronic.design is really a sophisticated community, of paranoid, talented, bitching, funny,egocentric, tanktop wearing, arrogant, politically corrupt republicans and do nothing democrats, who, generally, like nothing better than a good argument about cooking sheep testicles in olive oil, or proving that dark matter is nothing more than Phlogiston in diguise.

Thus predating Myspace and Facebook by almost 20 years.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Hey! I take offence to that! I don't wear tanktops.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

Updated No, Sci.electronic.design is really a sophisticated community, of paranoid, talented, bitching, funny,egocentric, tanktop/plaid/corduroy wearing,arrogant, politically corrupt republicans and do nothing democrats, who, generally, like nothing better than a good argument about cooking sheep testicles in homegrown handpressed olive oil, or proving that dark matter is nothing more than Phlogiston in diguise, using mismatched datasets and incorrect assumptions

Thus predating Myspace and Facebook by almost 20 years.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Martin Griffith (mart_in_medina@ya___.es) ha scritto:

::: Is the group only populated by spammers? ::: :: No, Sci.electronic.design is really a sophisticated community, of :: paranoid, talented, bitching, funny,egocentric, tanktop wearing, :: arrogant, politically corrupt republicans and do nothing democrats, :: who, generally, like nothing better than a good argument about cooking :: sheep testicles in olive oil, or proving that dark matter is nothing :: more than Phlogiston in diguise.

You are so fun! LOL

Thanks.

Reply to
SBS

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Does this mean everybody should drop usenet and go to Myspace and Facebook?

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It looks like the answer to your question is that the collective wisdom on this newsgroup is not up to the requested task.

I would also like a device like that, especially if it could help me communicate with some of my more hearing impaired friends. If my yelling into the handset makes it work I expect that it is possible.

I know it would be best if I could get the amplification upon the other end but I only have control of my end. There seem to be devices advertised as solutions but I have yet to hear anyone willing to say they actually work.

I have a drawer full of headset telephone devices that don't do the job including one rather pricey Plantronics unit.

Ideally the device would plug into a telephone with a jack, have adjustable level controls, some frequency shaping and anti-feedback.qualities. It would also use an inexpensive computer headset to permit simple replacement of the part that wears out.

I realize that English speaking engineers that can solve this problem are becoming increasingly scarce.

John Ferrell W8CCW "Life is easier if you learn to plow around the stumps"

If you find a practical solution, please let me know...

Reply to
John Ferrell

John Ferrell ( snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com) ha scritto:

:: Ideally the device would plug into a telephone with a jack, have :: adjustable level controls, some frequency shaping and :: anti-feedback.qualities. It would also use an inexpensive computer :: headset to permit simple replacement of the part that wears out. :: :: I realize that English speaking engineers that can solve this problem :: are becoming increasingly scarce.

You have got the point of the problem.

:: If you find a practical solution, please let me know...

Of course, I will.

Reply to
SBS

You have added nothing useful.

You really don't understand HOW a telephone works, do you?

There were good optional handsets for the WE 500/2500 series telephones made for people with hearing problems. The amplifier was in the handset, along with a thumbwheel volume control. They worked quite well.

Without knowing the circuitry in the phone being used, there is little to no chance of offering a design that is line powered, and connects directly to the telephone. The simplest fix is to buy a telephone made for the hard of hearing. Their telephone company may have them available.

What job were they made for, and how did you try using them?

Ideally, they would use a telephone designed for the hard of hearing that meets their local codes and regulations.

Having a ham radio license doesn't mean you know anything about electronics. I lost count of the ones who couldn't even solder four wires to a microphone plug, or put a PL259 on coax without shorting it out.

Its even easier to use a stump grinder and get rid of the damn things.

If you come up with a complete set of specifications, let us know.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida