Siemens 2415 - refuses to register the handset

While trying to register Siemens 242 handset to 2415, I de-registered the original handset following someone's advice. It turned out 242 cannot work with 2415 model at all. However when I tried later to register the 2415 handset with the base unit, it dispays "Registering system 1" for a long time, ending with "Inorrect PIN". I resetted the PIN code to the factory default ( 0000) by pressing *65# and tried again, but no success. I have the manual and I did everything as descibed there. Is this a base unit problem or a handset problem? Anybody with experience with this model phone? Thanks

Reply to
parallax

I apologize. I meant for you to de-register the 242 handset, not the original 2415 handset. I had similar problems with a 2415 I bought 'refurbed' from Staples that had someone else's PIN. I called Siemens and they walked me thru the process of clearing the system and registering the handset. I would have you call Siemens now. I had the directions written down but can't find them now. Siemens has very good support and will be glad to help you. Good luck. Scott

Reply to
Scott Lane