Super-tiny ferrite rods anywhere?

Nope, can't :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Might work. I want to get the most L-increase possible, whichever concoction of materials gives me that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I disected one of those. The store left them on, just deactivated them at the cash register (which I thought was environmentally rather wasteful). There was only a very thin film in it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Considering the family name probably a Bavarian recipe. Maybe from great-great-great-grandpa back in Europe.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

you

All metals, with metallic bonds, are conductive; metglas just has higher resistivity than most, it isn't quite an insulator.

It takes some work to shape (because mechanical stress and heat will destroy the glass structure), but chemical etching is effective. Some of the ferromagnetic metglas materials are VERY FAMILIAR to most folk: for a decade or more, tuned-length metglas strips have been used in security labels (check out your DVD collection for little plastic 'security device' gizmos).

Reply to
whit3rd

According to this, it's a one-man show. And they use the GOOD mustard seed.

I've ordered a case of the horseradish type ($25 shipped), I'm sure it's at least comparable to good European mustards.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

And the old truck in the Bauer photo is probably still somewhere back in the back of the warehouse :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

you

Right, it's still metal. I was thinking of something else.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

What about those ferrite antennas (err inductors) that CoilCraft make?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Do let me know if you like it, we been using Bauers for as long as I can remember.

Martin Riddle

Mustard seeds have no ferrite, but might be useful for ultra-tiny antennas..

Reply to
Robert Baer