Stalled EV

I know. You are not the typical Tesla driver. Typical Tesla drivers need to pay and they keep clogging up public chargers.

Reply to
Ed Lee

What is all this FREE, FREE, FREE stuff about?

Why are BEVs so ugly?

There is a market for aggressively ugly cars.

To make up for the PAY, PAY, PAY chargers. Sometimes, they cost (50 to 60 cents per KWhr) more than gas. Average cost around $30 between SF & LA.

Reply to
Ed Lee

BTW, the up hill is very bad for the battery. It raise temp by 10C to 15C and couple of hours to cool down. Waiting for AAA. How much should I trip AAA driver? I gave $20 to the Good Sam driver because he was complaining about the time/cost to his office.

Reply to
Ed Lee

FREE, FREE, FREE

Not for the tow truck driver. Good Sam does not have too many drivers; so the assigned driver had to travel very long distance. AAA should be better.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Tow truck drivers need to eat; so, ok to tip them. Chargers don't need to eat, except for the over-paid over-engineers. Charging should be simply, but they are making it over-complicated. Some plug-in-and-charge fast charger never failed, without screens and/or buttons (except for an emergency stop button). Over engineered UI screen fails all the time. I am voting with my dollars and wheels.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Yeah, it's silly of BEV owners to charge their cars. That's something you do a lot less. You just sign up for another towing policy.

Reply to
Ricky

In your Leaf, which has no temperature control system. That's one big reason why Tesla sells so many more BEVs than Nissan. Tesla did the design right. They heat the battery when it needs it and cools it when it's hot. Charging is fast and cheap.

How about spending that money on a BEV that doesn't quit and leave you stranded between chargers?

It's insane that anyone would do what you do. Then it's doubling insane that you come here and brag about it. Is this your only eccentricity?

Reply to
Ricky

Except that Tesla cost 6x more than my Leaf. And i don't like Tesla tracking all my trips.

Reply to
Ed Lee

In a BEV you go 100-120 miles, hope you can find a WORKING charging station that ISN'T occupied, put it on to charge, then hike however many miles it is to a restaurant, eat dinner, find a theater and watch a movie, then return to the charger and sleep while it finishes (hopefully) charging. Repeat as necessary.

Reply to
Flyguy

Tesla doesn't track anyone. They don't care about you. You get what you pay for. So you have a sixth of a Tesla, at best. Actually, what you have, isn't even on the same chart as a Tesla. You drive a ghost of a Leaf. The shadow of what was once a reasonable vehicle, made worse by your insistence in using it for trips it is entirely unsuited for. It's like trying to fly a Cessna to the moon. The joke part is that you will never understand that.

Reply to
Ricky

Yes, i'll leave the driving to AAA. The kid was going 70MPH with my Leaf on flat bed. He is from burbank (next time just tow from there). Reach top of world in record time, skip charging there and just slide/regen to south of Bakersfield. Great deal for $15 ($60/4) + $10 tip. He seems to be happy with the tip.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Be sure to go with the AAA+ (4 50 miles tow tuck round trip per year). I still have 3 quotas for the next 2 months. Might be able to do Vegas this way. No stinking super-charger and no smelly gasoline.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Sorry, I forgot that I paid $95 10 months ago. But still a good deal moving my car 30 miles for $24. Yesterday, the kid (young man) start from Burbank, pickup Santa Clarita and drop off Gorman. It's around 106 miles (6 over) round-trip for the tow truck. Don't know why anyone would do this job except for fun. It won't even cover the fuel cost.

I am thinking about doing 48 miles from Los Banos to Gilroy via Pacheco Pass. It would cut some distance instead of 580.

Am I abusing the policy by such planned route? Would AAA cancel and/or ban me?

Reply to
Ed Lee